Chapter 36 - Books & Looks

"I should go..." Valentino whispered, panting softly and leaning his forehead against mine

"Mhm yeah, you definitely should go" I replied, smirking at him then grabbing the back of his head and tilting his head down to meet my lips yet again.

I was being clingy for the first time in my life but really, I didn't care. I didn't want him to go and I didn't want his lips to part from mine for longer than five seconds. Simple.

I could feel him smile against my mouth before pulling my waist towards him and flipping us over so my back was towards the wall instead. He continued caressing the small of my back as I twirled his hair around my finger and sighed into his mouth. He knew that was one of my weak spots and yet he kept teasing and teasing

Beeeep

"For fucks sake Valentino can you fricking remove yourself from her for one second so we can get to the competition before I'm ninety-two, PLEASE" Antonio yelled angrily from outside "You're practically dry humping my baby cousin, it's disgusting"

We had been interrupted so many times in the past that we didn't even flinch but slowly moved away from each other. I growled in annoyance

"You can't even see us, plus again, you're only older than me by three weeks!" I shouted back before unwrapping my hands from Valentino's shoulders. To be fair, I guess it would have been kind of awkward to know that one of your closest friends were macking on your cousin's lips. However, that didn't stop Antonio and Talia playing tug-of-tongue. Multiple times. Right in front of me.

At least we had the decency to go back into the house.

"I really do have to go. Preferably before your cousin decides to come and beat me up" Valentino laughed, grabbing my hand and tossing his duffel bag over his shoulder before walking out onto the porch.

"Yeah yeah yeah I know I just-"

"Can't get enough of me?" He cut in, wriggling his eyebrows, I gave him a light punch on the shoulders

"No" Yes "I just, I really want you to stay safe, Darnell filled me in on how rough these things can get and I'm worried about you" I stated honestly

Saturday, which is tomorrow, Valentino had the finals for his boxing match in Seattle so the guys were driving up there tonight so they wouldn't have to worry about getting there tomorrow and could have a little look around before the competition. I was extremely proud of the fact that he'd gotten so far, even though I didn't know much about how boxing worked since I was kinda shaken by the idea of someone intentionally getting beaten up. Nonetheless I knew he loved and was really good at it so I didn't mind as long as he didn't return with bruised ribs and two black eyes. Which he promised he wouldn't since he was 'so good' as he liked to say.

Although I could sense a little bit of nervousness about his match for the first time

"Firstly you spoke to the twins on multiple occasions, not just Darnell, about boxing " I rolled my eyes, yep, they were still sticking with the twin story even though I had never once seen 'them' together before "-and two don't worry I'll be fine, I got this"

I huffed "okay I just wish you got me a ticket , I would've come to support you if I knew it was so soon" I reasoned

"Yeah I'm sorry about that, the tickets sold out really fast but I promise I'll come back with the gold"

"You better" I answered, pecking his lips, which Antonio gagged over, before enveloping him into a short hug "Stay safe, and that's for all of you!" I added pointing from Antonio to Darnell "I don't wanna turn on to the ten o'clock news to see that you were all massacred by a ripper near some dusty motor-stop" I remarked half-jokingly