Chapter 28 - And The Truth Comes Out {Part 2}

"Six months my ass, you've known Valentino for six years"

Six years. I've known Valentino for six years? How was that possible?

"I don't believe you" and although I said this, no matter how far fetched what she was saying sounded, I did believe it, because of the way she said it. And the fact that it would explain a lot.

"I don't understand why you've come here pretending like you don't know him. I know you've had your problems in the past but I assumed that you had gotten over it" Kiera reckoned.

My sight began to become slightly hazy, I was feeling dizzy, too dizzy.

Six years.

"Why do you look like I told you something new? It's almost like you actually forgot-" Kiera stopped short looking towards me once again. All features of her face rose like she had come to some sort of revelation

"The car crash"

No longer paying attention to my frazzled brain I looked to her with my eyebrows disappearing into my hair line. Images began to flash one by one in my head. The impact of the truck on the car my father and I were in, The glass around me shattering, the head bashing against the dashboard, the blood, so much blood everywhere, and then the darkness.

"You don't remember him because of the amnesia, of course you don't know we were long gone before that even happened, and from the way you were looking at me, you don't remember me either"

I didn't say anything. There was nothing left to say, she had everything figured out, things I couldn't even figure out myself. That five percent of memory I lost was them, Valentino and Kiera. What about their family? Were they people I had forgotten too? They must have been.

I had been lied to for two years.

"I'm so sorry Cassie. I forgot that you weren't supposed to know any of this until-"

"Until what?!" I yelled cutting her off "Until I buried six feet under so you you could tell it to my grave? Just admit it you and Valentino were never going to tell me" I said no longer miffed but angry.

He's been lying to me all this time. Probably laughing about it behind my back, about me being oblivious to the things going on around me. I think I always knew he was keeping something from me but I had never imagined for it to be something this big. Something about me. The news that Valentino knew me before we met, again.

"Cassie it's not like that, we couldn't tell you, your parents-"

"My parents? What do they have to do with anything?" And then it came to me, they were involved too. They kept me from knowing about my past since the crash. That was almost two years of lies.

I tfelt like I was about to pass out. But before I could I rushed out of the room and down the hall. I began to run not caring again the amount of people I pushed out of my way or how many people shouted from behind me.

"2,4,6,8 who do we appreciate?" a familiar voice chanted in an overly exaggerated girly tone. But somewhere in that slightly familiar voice came a very old familiar voice, like i've heard it before, long ago.

The day Valentino asked me to help him with the salsa competition I thought that voice was familiar, but never had I ever imagined that it actually was.

I continued through the reception area and past the entrance doors and straight to the car. I got in shut the door and slammed my head on the dashboard, again and again and again. I hadn't even realized I had been crying until I looked in to the windscreen and saw the storm of tears racing down my cheeks. And suddenly I couldn't stop. It began with quiet sobs and I desperately tried to stop them but the more I resisted the worse they got. By one minute I was full on crying and dry heaving.