Chapter 27 - And The Truth Comes Out {Part 1}

I have no idea what has happened to the chapter before but luckily not much happens in it anyway. Cassie is looking for her passport in her dad's office room, so that she could confirm that she could go on a school trip to Italy in a few months but she comes across a large envelope with a load of pictures with her as a child. When she get to a picture which looks like her and Kiera she decides enough is enough and decides to go look for her very soon.

Fortunately the next day Nyah asks Cassie to come with her to Sacremento to do to a clinch and find out whether she's pregnant. However when they reach it, Nyah throw's Cassie the keys and a bit of cash and asks her to let her do the tests herself. After a bit of arguing Cassie reluctantly agrees and decides to see if she could hunt down Kiera, who Valentino mentioned was staying at a hospital in Sacramento. After sneakily finding out what room Kiera was in after the nurses denied her access she goes off to find her.

And she finds her...

###################################################################

All I could do was look at her. Committing every detail of her face to memory, her coffee brown eyes, pink pumped lips, long dark dark brown hair which reached all the way to her tailbone her posture and the way she stood with her right leg slightly bent with her hip out.

I began to run, in the opposite direction of course. This whole idea was a mistake. I don't know what I expected to happen. Some kind of rose tinted reminisce? For me to suddenly remember everything before the accident?

Well whatever I though would happen didn't happen because I still did not know who this girl was. Yeah she was familiar, but that's all she was.

"Wait, wait!" she yelled running after me whilst I swiftly dodged all obstacles in the way of my determined speed walk my way out of here. Although when coming to Sacramento meeting Valentino's sister wasn't the first thing on my list the whole trip felt like a waste.

"Cassandra seriously just stop!" moments later I felt a tug on my wrist immediately disallowing me from going any further. Nevertheless I refused to look behind me and just stood in the same spot. The loud patients whizzing past didn't invade the evident silence growing between us.

"Cassie?" I only hesitated for a second before reluctantly turning around

"Cassie." She repeated again before throwing her hands on me. "It's been too too long". For some reason I couldn't pluck up the strength to hug her back and return her embrace. She knew me, I didn't know her.

"Oh my god you look so different, except for the hair of course" she said pulling away from me. "So have have you been with everything, why'd you run?" she inquired

"I..umm just didn't recognize you, when you said my name I was kinda creep-ed out 'cause I thought you were a randomer sorry"

"Oh no it's fine I get the feeling that some people know you when you have no idea who they are"

The irony.

"Anyways why are you even here? Visiting a friend? Oh come back to my room, my nurse is probably going to check on me soon and she might freak if she realizes I've gone awol" Kiera said, before even hearing my opinion on the situation began to pull me to the room.

As we approached her room all I could do was freak out in my mind. What the hell am I doing? I could have left but decided to stay. I guess there's still a part of me who wants to know the truth. The truth she knows.

As soon as we reached her room she went to her remote control bed  and gestured for me to sit on the chair beside it.

"Seriously Cassie I don't know how the heck I can make it up to you, doing all this for me"

"Huh?"

"You, you and Valentino, for going to that salsa competition thing" Honestly I don't know what I'd do if you didn't give me all that money. I probably still be here waiting for an operation that might never have happened"

"So, you've had the operation?" I asked slightly surprised. "I didn't realize that they'd be able to do the procedure so soon after we got the money"

"Well I'm kind of a special case aren't I?" she hinted. Though I didn't know what she was hinting at.

I laughed a little "A bit full of yourself aren't you? I see where Valentino gets it from"

Kiera rolled her eyes but the corners are her lips rose slightly "You know what I mean, they won't even let anyone who aren't family in my room, but we'relike family right?"

My eyes widened "Woah woah wait, we're not in anyway related are we?" because if we were the thoughts I frequently had about her brother were wrong, so So wrong.

"Oh god no! We have no relation with each other. I mean the first time I met you I was like fourteen and your little self was causing a ruckus in the supermarket, I forgot whether it was in Spain or Argentina..."

Huh, I guess my lie to Valentino about how I knew his sister's name months ago was actually right, in a way...

If Kiera has known me since she was fourteen and she's now twenty it means, if my maths correct that I've known her since I was ten. No that can't be right.

"Are you sure you've known me for that long?" I question.

Kiera blew out of her lips "Yeah I know, It has been so long, longer than it feels, oh my gosh" She said getting up and hugging me again "I can't believe it's been so long since we've seen each other, ahh and Valentino must have been so happy to finally get to see you again! He really missed you!"

I rose an eyebrow as she let go and sat back on her bed. "I mean of course I missed you too" she added "But you and Valentino, you guys are the ones who really needed to see each other"

Okay is it just me or are things starting to not make sense? "Valentino was only at his boxing semi-finals for like two days and we met up the day after, I'm sure he didn't miss me that much during him competition". A few days after the salsa competition Valentino had to travel all the way to Nevada for the competition he told me about before Christmas. He won too, which means he will get into the finals. Not including the salsa competition I've never seen Valentino so determined to have something. It was nice to see him really work hard for what he wanted.

"What?" Now it was Kiera who was confused "I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the years he's had without you not just the couple days he was gone though I bet he was still missing you at his boxing meat"

Unable to process everything I stood up from my chair. He's missed me for years? "How is it possible that Valentino has missed me for that long?" I asked counting up the months "I've only known him since September"

Kiera furrowed her eyebrows "What? Are you kidding me? That's a very funny joke Cassie."

Joke? "I'm not joking, I met Valentino in the locker rooms at my new school, which I joined six months ago. Meaning I've known him for six months. I might not be brilliant at maths but I know how to count at least"

"What the hell Cassie, what are you playing at? You're acting like you don't even remember all that's happened. You've known Valentino longer than you've know me. Six months my ass, you've known Valentino for six years".

What?

#####################################################

Sorry it's such a small chapter I really wanted to consentrate the chapter on Cassie and Kiera. 

So I want to say some things about the chapter right now, but I don't want to ruin anything. So I'm just going to leave you readers with your thoughts on that last bit of the chapter... Is it true? Is it not? Is Cassie dreaming? I guess you'll just have to wait and find out.

BYYYEEEEE