Chapter 18 - The Hols {Part 2}

Snow in California by Arianna Grande at the side, amazing Christmas song, kind of goes with the chapter, only accessible through the wattpad on computer version.

Play while reading if you want.

Enjoy Chicas (and possibly chicos?) x :D

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

"Cassie! Get up!" a voice screamed as I suddenly felt my bed moving vigorously. It didn't take a genius to guess that my little brother was using my bed as the base for his imaginary bouncy house, but being so tired extracted any energy I would have otherwise had to both push him off my bed and rant at him for tress-passing into my room.

"Cassie come on wake up, it's snowing!" The following words cause my ears to perk up. It sounds strange but it takes me a second to match the word to a picture.

Snow

I felt some kind of recognition click within me. Snow? Not wasting another moment in my bed I flung my blanket off resulting in Diego falling off of my bed and ran to my window consoling myself before pulling back the curtains.

And there it was.

It was annoying to admit it but Sophie was right, not was there actually snow in California but it really was...magical. It wasn't just a white dusting of snow, it was a lot! At least a foot and a half but that didn't minimize the beauty of it all.

It was like small white shards of ice dropping out of the sky, building up to make a soft white blanket on the ground, transforming the plain landscape into something quite amazing.

Wow that was almost exactly what Sophie said

I really do hate winter but seeing this made the harsh feel of the winter months almost worth it. I wanted to cry. I wasn't at all an emotional person but with the beauty I see right here even got me tearing up.

I sat at my window for another twenty minutes just enjoying the sight before me, and then I remembered one small fact.

It was Christmas Eve. Valentino had said I should keep today open which I did but all the snow around today whatever plans he had for us were kind of ruined now. Plus I'm not gonna lie I was kind of looking forward to today.

Ahh well I guess we would have to do it some other time

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After one nice hot shower and a change from towel to warm clothes I was downstairs eating what my mom had left me before going off some where. The note she left in the kitchen didn't state where she went but it did say she'd be home late.

But I didn't care since the french toast and scrambled eggs she left me satisfied my taste buds

"Cassie?" The sudden break of silence made jump almost tipping my plate of breakfast, or more brunch

"Geez Diego, don't sneak up on me like that, you almost gave me a heart attack"

He shrugged "I just wanted to ask if I could go sledging with Chris"

It was weird hearing that word. Snow sports were alien to me and so sledging was also part of that category

"Hmm, it seems kind of dangerous" I admitted

"Please Cassie all my friends are waiting for me" he pleaded

Weighting up my options, it was either I let him go out to play with his friends or I don't allow him to go out and he just annoys me for the rest of the day. I mean his friend only lived a few doors away from our house so it wasn't like he was going to get lost on the way.