Chapter 24 - Implications & Cross-Examinations

"I really don't think I can come into school today" Nyah said, hugging a small trash can. She looked horrible with her baby hairs sticking to her forehead. It looked like she had been sweating all night and her eyes were droopy as if she hadn't even slept at all last night.

"But Nyah you haven't been at school for ages except the one day I wasn't in" I stated "Plus nationals is in a few months and Coach is worried that you won't pick up the moves in time". Nationals were one of the most biggest cheerleading competitions you could go to. We not only cheered on a school team but also an All-star one too and I seriously didn't want Nyah to be kicked out of any of them. Even though she's sick that wouldn't cut it for some people

"I seriously have no energy to get up, I've literally been puking everything I eat and half the time I stand up I feel like I'm on one of those spinning tea cup rides and I have to sit down before I feel too hazy. What if, I don't know, I start walking up the steps of the school get dizzy, fall back down, break my spine on- on of the hideous Panther statues, roll off the curb and then get hit by a school bus huh? Then when you come to my funeral the guilt would be eating you inside out all because you forced me to go to school when I wasn't feeling well, indirectly killing me!"

I pulled my eyebrows together at her story .That is one of the most stupidest, un-likey scenarios I've ever heard.

Talk about a drama queen.

I made my way over to her bed and using my hands, gave her the biggest shove I could muster resulting in her face planting the floor. "Get off of your lazy ass!"

Nyah just laid there for a second almost as if she had no working muscles and I was slightly scared that I might of paralyzed her. That isn't possible right? To be paralyzed by being pushed of a bed? Oh God.

After several seconds of waiting Nyah rolled onto her back allowing me to let out the breath I didn't even realize I was keeping in. She was good.

"I would usually come over and beat you the hell up for doing that but I really don't have the- have the-" Nyah stuttered slapping a hand over her mouth. Before I knew it she had gotten up and ran out of the room. I heard familiar sounds of chocking and ran after, clumsily stubbing my baby toe on the corner of her door.

And it hurt like a bitch. I squeezed my lips together in order to stop myself from loudly cursing and grabbing on to my right foot and jumping around like a mad woman. It took a while to calm down but as soon as I did, I placed my injured foot back on the floor and limped to the bathroom.

When I finally got there the sight almost froze me. Nyah was leaning over the toilet bowl throwing up almost all her insides, unable to properly breath before starting the cycle all over again. Surprisingly I didn't find it disgusting, I sort of hurt to see her struggling. I ran over to her and pulled her hair up #GirlCode, and started rubbing her back looking away from her until she was done. After a couple of minutes it seemed as if she had finished unload her inside and went over to the sink to rise out her mouth before collapsing on to the closed toilet seat.

She just sat there for a while with her head in her hands shaking uncontrollably that it very nearly broke me. It was hard for me to see just a strong person crumble before me. Looking so sick and defeated. Maybe it wasn't a good idea for her to go to school.

"I'm just sick of being sick" Nyah hiccuped. She wasn't crying but she looked like she was on the verge of it "Everyday, twice a day, three times a day I spend ages throwing up everything I've eaten and when I haven't eaten I still throw up. Uhh it's horrible. Nothing tastes right any more and there's a smell"

"A smell?" I repeated taking in what she was telling me

"Yeah it like everywhere I go there's just a smell I feel like a fricking sniffer dog because no one can smell it except for me. Its always different but it's so strong and it annoys me. I know it doesn't seem like something important but after a while it gives me a headache. I just want this to end"