Chapter 12 - Seeing You & Eating Food

"No no" Talia laughed "You're supposed to fold it not mix it, it needs to air out"

I was currently in home-ec with my new partner, Talia. Since both of our partners hadn't shown up at the beginning of class. Someone had said that they were both ill but Talia had said that she'd seen her partner earlier today. I had my suspicions though, the fact that as I was making my way to this class I heard some very heated make out session.. noises coming from the disabled bathroom and there was only two people from this class missing...

It's just the process putting two and two together.

Lil nasties

I picked up the bowl and weighted it with my hand before I put it back down again

"It's a little too heavy for a cheesecake. Maybe we should start again" I admitted

"No, there's no time! We only have 30 minutes left. Lets just throw it on to the base and put it in the oven" Talia took the bowl from me and prepared everything.

I could cook foods from stir-frys to complete thanksgiving meals. Heck, I wouldn't have taken home-economics if I couldn't. But one thing I could never do was bake.

I think it was the measuring that I could never be bothered to do that made every to be baked thing I put into the oven turn out so bad. But I was working on it.

After a few minutes me and Talia sat in front of the oven, waiting for it to cook

"Is it supposed to look like that?" I questioned looking at the cake, tilting ,my head to the side.

"I'm just glad that this doesn't count towards our final grade"

For a while, while the cheesecake cooked Talia and I talked about the upcoming Christmas holidays. After 20 minutes Talia took the cake out of the oven

"It's...presentable"

"Yeah as presentable as a hobo at a wedding" Talia replied

Strange analogy

She huffed "Let me go see if I can buy us some more time" Talia stated making her way over to the front desk

I looked back at our failed attempted at a cheesecake, looking at it was just depressing. I grabbed a wooden spoon from the drawer in front of me and tried to lift some of the cheesecake back onto the pie base. Nope it didn't help.

"Hey" a voice called behind me

I turned around, identified the voice and smiled genuinely. Aaron and I had been studying once a week for about three months. Although there was a lot of learning and studying involved there was also lots of fun. We'd talk, have a laugh and generally enjoy each other's company. I would say he's becoming a good friend. However the thing that we had bonded over the most was dance.

"I never knew you took this class"

"I didn't choose this it, Valentino signed me up for it, as a joke, then I couldn't get out"

I paused for a second when I heard Valentino's name. Aaron hadn't been the only person I had been having lessons with. Me and Valentino had been practising every now and again for his salsa competition and vice versa with him teaching me Spanish. That wasn't for another three months but I still needed him to learn basic moves, hanging out with him was really good too.

"You and Valentino used to be friends?" I questioned, flabbergasted

"Yeah me and him used to be quite tight until..." he trailed off

"Until what?" I asked

"We just had a misunderstanding and well we never got past it " he sighed "But I guess this class isn't so bad" he switched subjects "-and it's never short of girls".