Forty Five

"Ready to go pick up the kids?" Tony asks coming over to me, "or should we have them watch them a little bit longer?"

He puts his hands on my hips and kisses my cheek.

"Bubba, we have to go pick up them up." I say with a small laugh.

"Or do we?" He asks.

"Yes we do. Now let's go." I say getting out of his grip and grabbing his hand.

I hear him sigh and then laugh as I take him outside to the car. I get in the passenger seat and he opens the door to the driver's side.

We make it to the house within a couple minutes. We stay in the car when we get there and I feel him grab my hand.

"I can't believe they're moving out of this house." He says looking up at it.

"Neither can I. We had some good memories here." I say looking at it as well.

"We really did." He says.

I see a smile from on his face. He turns to me and I see tears in his eyes.

"Aww, bubba." I say sadly.

He takes of his seat belt and wraps his arms around me. I turn as best as I can since I still have my seat belt on and wrap my arms around him as well. I run my fingers through his hair. He lets go of me and looks me in the eyes.

"Ready to go in bubba?" I ask.

He nods his head and we get out of the car.

"Wait, can I get on your back?" I ask.

He looks up the driveway and sees it's not a far walk before nodding his head. I get on his back and he walks up the driveway. We see Calvin and Patrick up at the top of the driveway. Calvin stopped chasing Patrick and waved at us.

"Hey Dilbert and Haiden. By the way, your name is now Dilbert." He says.

I start laughing as Tony sets me down.

"I can get used to calling you Dilbert." I say laughing.

"Please don't." Tony says looking at me.

"I won't." I say kissing his cheek.

"Wait, why Dilbert?" Tony asks Calvin.

Calvin shrugs his shoulder before running after Patrick again. We walk inside and the twins immediately run up to us.

"Hi." I say laughing as they both gave us hugs.

"Hi mama." Luka says.

"Hi mama. I missed you." Laela says.

"What about me?" Tony asks.

"Hi daddy." They say.

Tony picks up Laela and I pick up Luka. Kouvr walks over to us with Easton while Alex came over with their bags.

"I'll take these out to your car." Alex says.

"I'll help you." Tony says.

"Daddy, can I help too?" Laela asks.

"Yeah." Tony says kissing her cheek.

They head outside and Kouvr and I go to sit down.

"Mama, I wanna go help daddy." Luka says.

I nod my head and set him down before he runs outside.

"Thomas told me what happened last night. So, everything's good now?" She asks.

"Yeah." I say smiling.

"Also, I'm hoping you don't mind that he told me." She says with a small laugh.