Thirty Eight

-2 days later-

"Is daddy okay mama?" Laela asks looking at him with concerned look.

"Your daddy doesn't feel good today." I say.

"Oh," she says before walking around the bed to face him, "daddy, feel better. I love you."

She kisses his cheek and leaves the room. I see a weak smile on his face as he lays there. He rolls over and opens his arms to me.

"Come here." I say with a small laugh.

He moves closer to me and lays his head on my lap. I wrap my arms around him as his eyes start to close. I move one of my hands to run through his hair.

"How are feeling right now?" I ask him.

He looks up at me with tired eyes as soon as I ask that.

"Better than this morning, but still sick." He says with a small laugh.

"I'm sorry bubba." I say frowning.

"It's not your fault mamas." He says wrapping his arms around my waist.

He moves a little closer to me and closes his eyes once again.

"Are you tired bubba?" I ask.

He nods his head a little.

"Get some rest, it'll help you." I say.

"Okay." He says quietly.

I run my fingers through his hair as he slowly drifts off to sleep. I turn on the TV and put it on a low volume so it doesn't wake him up. The door opens and Luka comes over to us.

"Mama, Easton is crying." He says.

"Okay. I'll be there in a second." I say.

He leaves the room and I move Tony's arms so I can get up. I put the blanket over him a little and then go to Easton's room. I see him crying in his crib so I pick him up and feed him. When I finish feeding him, he's calmed down and I take him downstairs.

"Hi mama." Laela says when she sees me.

"Hi princess. Do you want to hold Easton?" I ask.

"Yes." She says excitedly.

"Alright, go sit on the couch." I say smiling at her.

She runs over to the couch and I walk over there. She holds her arms out and I lay Easton in them. She looks down at him and smiles. I pull out my phone and right when I'm about to take the picture, she kisses his forehead. I take the picture as quickly as possible to capture this and post it on Instagram.

I see a comment from Ondreaz and read it to Laela.

"Uncle Dre says he misses you. He said he'll come over soon." I say.

"Yay!" She says.

I laugh and put my phone in my pocket before grabbing Easton.

"Mama, can we go outside?" She asks.

"Yes." I say.

As soon as I say that, she runs off to get Luka. I see them run through the living room and kitchen and head out back to the trampoline. I follow them outside and set Easton in the baby swing. I sit down in the chair next to him and watch the twins jump on the trampoline.

After half an hour of then jumping on the trampoline and chasing each other on the lawn, we go inside. I put Easton in the pack 'n play and then head upstairs to check on Tony. I see him just starting to wake up so I go sit next to him on the bed. He sits up and turns so he can lean his head on my shoulder. I wrap my arms around him  and kiss his forehead.

"You wanna eat something bubba?" I ask.

"Not really." He says.

"Okay let me rephrase that. Bubba, you have to eat something." I say.

"No." He whines.

"I'm sorry, but if you wanna feel better, you gotta eat." I say.

"Okay fine." He says.

"Do you want me to bring it up to you?" I ask.

"No, I'll go downstairs." He says.

"Okay." I say.

I stand up and he does too. We head downstairs and he sits down at the table while I go to get him some food. I make him some soup and take it out to him. I see him with his head laying in the table. I set the bowl down next to him and he looks up at me.

"Thanks mamas." He says.

"Of course bubba." I say.

I kiss his forehead and go check on the kids. I hear a knock on the door and go open it. I see Ondreaz standing there.

"Hi." He says.

"Hey Ondreaz, the kids are in the playroom." I say.

"Alright. Also, I can take then out today so it's quieter here for Tony." He says.

"You don't have to Ondreaz." I say.

"No, it's totally fine." He says.

"Okay fine, take the twins but I'm gonna keep Easton here." I say.

"Alright." He says.

He goes off to get the twins and I check on Tony who finished half of the bowl on soup and pushed it to the side. He looks up at me and then lays his head down.

"Are you all done?" I ask.

"Yeah." He says.

"Can't you just eat a little bit more? There really isn't that much." I say.

He looks at the bowl and groans. He brings it close to him and starts to eat the rest. When he finishes it, he lays his head down and I sit next to him and rub his back.

"Did you take your medicine?" I ask.

"Yeah." He says.

I look over at the pill bottle and see that the pills were gone from on top of it.

"Okay, well let's go over to the couch and you can lay down there. Ondreaz is taking the twins out." I say.

He nods his head and we get out of our chairs. We go over to the couch and he lays down. I lay a blanket over him and then go to clean out the bowl. Easton starts to cry a little so I go pick him up. I take him upstairs and change him before taking him back downstairs. I see the TV on downstairs and Tony watching it tiredly.

"Bubba, why don't you rest." I say sitting on the floor in front of the couch.

I put Easton on his playmat and turn back to Tony. I run my fingers through his hair and he smiles at me.

"I don't wanna rest right now. I just wanna watch TV and cuddle with you." He says.

"Even though I might get sick, okay." I say giving him a smile.

He opens his arms and I lay down on top of him. He wraps his arms around me and smiles at me.

"I love you bubba." I say.

"I love you too. Thanks for taking care of me mamas." He says.

"Of course bubba." I say kissing his cheek.

"I wanna kiss." He says pouting.

"Bubba..." I say.

"Please, it's my dying wish." He says dramatically.

"You're not dying." I say with a laugh.

"You don't know that." He says.

"Bubba, you have a cold. We went to the doctor and they said that." I say.

"I still want a kiss though." He says.

"Fine." I say.

I give him a quick kiss and when I pull away, I see him smiling before I lay my head on his shoulder.