Forty Four

-part 5 of chapter 39-

*previously*

"So, are you ready to talk?" I ask.

He nods his head before opening his mouth to talk.

"I saw you and Cory kiss Haiden." He says looking down.

"Bubba, he kissed me, I would never do that to you." I say.

"Are you sure, because that's not what I saw." He says looking up at me with anger in his eyes.

"Bubba, listen to me, he kissed me. I pulled away as quickly as I could and slapped him. I walked away and I was angry with him, and honestly our friendship is over. I don't understand what was going through his head when he did that, but I sure as hell know, I would never cheat on you because I love you too much." I say with tears in my eyes.

Tony sighs and looks down again. I grab his hand and I feel him grab mine back. He looks up with tears in his eyes, but a small smile was on his face.

"I love you too. I'm sorry he ruined your friendship, but there's so many more people out there who care about you. I hope you know as well that I would never cheat on you. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me and I wouldn't want to do anything to lose you." He says.

Tears fall down my face after he says that. He moves closer to me and wraps his arms around me. I lay my head on his shoulder and he rubs my back.

"I'm sorry about how I acted about this whole situation without knowing what fully happened." He says quietly.

"It's okay bubba, I understand why you acted that way." I say lifting my head up.

I look down at his shirt and see my ruined makeup on it. He looks down at it too and laughs a little.

"Sorry." I say laughing a little as well.

"It's fine and I know this will happen in the future. Just know, I'm always here for you and I'll be your shoulder to cry on." He says kissing my cheek.

"And I'll also be your shoulder to cry on." I say.

I wrap my arms around him and pull him closer to me. I look up at him and he leans down to kiss me. He pulls me onto his lap puts his hands on my hips. My arms move to around rest on his shoulders. I pull away look him in the eyes.

"You know, we're alone tonight." He says with a smirk on his face.

"I am tired as fuck and want to watch movies and cuddle." I say.

"But we might not have this chance again." He says groaning.

"Movies and cuddles first, we'll see what happens." I say.

He smiles and picks me up as he stands. He carries me upstairs and sets me down once we reach our room.

"I'm gonna change." I say.

"I will too." He says.

I go to the closet and grab an oversized hoodie and put it on. I go into the bathroom and take off my makeup and put my hair in a messy bun before I go over to the bed and cover myself with the blankets. Tony comes over with just a pair of shorts on.

"Really, your red shorts?" I ask with a laugh.

"Yep." He says laughing as he lays down next to me.

He covers himself with the blankets and wraps his arms around me and lays his head on my shoulder. I turn on the TV and put on a movie.

"Are we really watching Mean Girls?" He asks looking up at me.

"Yep." I say with a smile on my face.

I hear him laugh as he lays his head back down on my shoulder. I bring my hands up to his hair and run my fingers though it.

When the movie finishes, Tony is asleep, well at least I think he is. I move carefully so I don't wake him and then go downstairs.

I open the freezer and grab the ice cream. I put some in a bowl for myself and grab a spoon. Tony wraps his arms around my waist, surprising me.

"I want some too." He says quietly.

"Well, there's the ice cream and scoop." I say pointing to it.

I hear him laugh quietly and lets go of me. He gets some ice cream for himself and I go out back while he puts the ice cream container away. He joins me out back and sits down next to me.

"It's been a rough night, but in the end, we get to spend time together. Despite what happened at the party, this has been one of the best nights ever." I say leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Definitely and I'm glad I get to spend this night with you." He says.

"I love you so much bubba." I say kissing his cheek.

"I love you too mamas." He says.

He turns his head and kisses me. He pulls away and suddenly, I feel ice cream on my face.

"Oh, you wanna be like that." I say laughing.

I grab some ice cream and put it on his face. I turn my head and I'm about clean my face of the ice cream when I feel more get put on my face.

"You need to stop." I say laughing as I put more on his face.

"Okay I'll stop." He says wiping his face.

I wipe my face of all the ice cream and eat my ice cream.

"Thanks for a good night." He says kissing my cheek.

"Thank you for a good night." I say.

"Wanna look at the stars tonight?" He asks.

"Of course." I say smiling at him.

He grabs my hand and I look up at the sky.