2.15

"We need to talk."

I stepped into the house without waiting for his consent. I turned around, standing in front of him, my arms crossed on my chest.

"Tell me what the fuck is going on," I demanded, not caring about sounding too intimidating or rude, I needed answers. He was about to answer me when I stopped him, knowing exactly what he was going to say.

"Don't you dare lie to me, Samuel. I want the truth. Why did you hook up with me?" I asked even if I already knew the answer. I needed to hear it.

"I slept with you because I thought you were the easiest way to get closer to Carla and Polo." he looked down ashamed.

I looked at him furiously, slapping him hard in the face. He held his red cheek with his hand. "Yeah, I deserved that," he muttered.

"You surely did, you played with me!" I shouted in his face. "You played with both me and Carla at the same time!"

"I know I shouldn't have done it." he looked up to me, realization hitting him immediately. "You are not here for this, aren't you?"

I was taken aback by the fact that he knew. The anger in my body started to fade, soon replaced by sadness and desperation.

I looked up at him, meeting his brown eyes. "Please, Samu. I need you to tell me the truth." I almost begged him. "I need to know the truth."

"Polo killed Marina," He abruptly stated. I closed my eyes, assimilating everything. Even if I deep down already knew it, it still hit me hard.

I put a hand on my chest, overwhelmed. I felt him grab my waist and led me to sit on the couch.

"Are you sure?" I dared to ask with a low voice. He didn't speak, he just nodded.

"I want to be honest with you, Izzy." I felt him rubbing circles on my back trying to comfort me. "At the beginning, I approached you because I thought you had something to do with it. You were so close to both Carla and Polo that I had to make sure." He grabbed my chin, making me face him. "But now I know you wouldn't have done something like that, I know you. I'm sorry for thinking that way about you."

I grabbed my head between my hands, I got up as everything was being assimilated by my mind.

"She was my best friend." I confessed to him but mostly to myself." She was my best friend and I didn't even protect her. I was a shitty friend, I wasn't even able to understand that I was hanging out with her killer. " I looked at Samuel desperate. "It's my fault she's dead. I didn't even pay attention to her needs, influenced by the ones who said she was overrated. It's my fault." I repeated once again, heartbroken.

"Iz, that's not true." he walked to me sympathetically.

"No, it's my fault. I should have been there for her, I should have helped her to escape from this damn place and these sick people." I gripped my hair with my hands frustrated, walking backward as he approached me.

I was suffocating in my tears, I couldn't breathe due to the dark truth he had shown me. I gripped my throat hopelessly. His strong arms wrapped around my fragile figure.

"Let me go!" I yelled repeatedly, hitting his firm chest with my hands, trying to free myself from his grip. The strength seemed to abandon me as I gave up fighting and collapsed into his arms. My legs gave out and I fell onto the floor, dragging down Samuel with me who wasn't letting me go. Maybe that was what I needed. Maybe I needed someone who could hold me during the darkest times.

I felt him making himself comfortable on the floor we were sat on. He opened his legs so that I could fit between them. I sobbed into his chest, finding comfort and safeness in his arms.

He caressed my hair sweetly, leaving some kisses on the hairline.

"Please, stop crying. I promise I will let them pay for what they did to us." My shaky body stopped crying at his words, which didn't sound empty and meaningless.

After a moment of silence, I spoke. "I should probably head home," I muttered quietly and husky when I noticed the dark sky outside the window.

"You can't go out now, it's dark and dangerous." He argued. "Stay here." He said more sweetly. "You can sleep in my bed." I nodded weakly, my strength was long gone after the recent event and discovery. I felt him put an arm around my waist and one under my knees, lifting me bridal style and carrying me to his bedroom. He put me down on his bed, carefully he placed a strand of my hair behind my ear, flashing me a smile.

"Can you give me something to sleep with?" I asked, pointing at my not so comfortable to sleep in clothes. He nodded, heading over his dresser and passing me one of his shirts.

"I'll be on the sofa. If you need anything, don't hesitate to call me."

I grabbed his wrist before he could leave the room. He turned to me with a questioning look.

"Can you stay with me? I don't want to be alone tonight." He shyly nodded at my request, stepping back into his room.

"You can go to the bathroom to change if you want to." He said pointing the room beside the one we were in.

I chuckled slightly. "You have seen me naked before." I shrugged, making him blush at my comment. I looked at him as he stripped down of his clothes and put on only a pair of comfy sweatpants. I observed him from head to toe, not caring about being shy because I was checking him out. He was a great sight for sore eyes, he had become fitter and muscled in the last period and I surely appreciated it.

I took off my jeans, placing them carefully on the chair of his desk, then I removed my top, leaving me in just my underwear in front of Samuel. He turned his head to the side, probably trying to not check me out since I was in his room with just a bra and panties. I quickly put on the shirt he gave me, noticing it reached my thigh, covering me perfectly due to the height difference between us.

I slowly sat down on his bed, he was already in it, his back pressed against the headboard, already under the duvets. He motioned to me to come by his side and that was what I did. I laid down, tired, and exhausted after such a day.

I turned to my side, my back facing him. I heard him turning off the lamp on his nightstand, then I felt his arm sneaking on my waist, bringing me close to his chest so that we were spooning. I felt secure in his arms but a thought tormented me.

"Samu," I called out.

"Mmh?" he asked.

"What we had, was it all a game to you?" even if I comprehended his reasons I couldn't help but wonder if I was the only one catching feelings.

"No, no it wasn't." he intertwined his fingers with me, his head hiding in the crook of my neck.

It's the cutest thing ever this chapter! You can't disagree with me on this, I loved writing this!
Hope you enjoyed it as well.

Xoxo