2.11

"Fuck..." Polo muttered as he looked at his phone.

"What is it?" I asked, getting up from the chair I was sat on, in Rebeca's porch. He turned his phone to me, where a message from Cayetana showed up.

"Samuel's brother is at the party"

I saw Ander running to us, as he had his phone into his hand, listening to a Guzman's voice message.

"I'm going to smash his head open! Don't let him get away, okay?" Guzman's angry voice scared me, mostly for Nano's consequences.

"We have to find him before he does," Polo stated, he knew how irascible Guzman was.

"What if things get nasty?" Ander asked obviously worried. "We shouldn't have come to this."

Polo muttered something to Ander that I couldn't understand.

"Guys, please." I intervened. "This is not the time to fight. We need to find Nano!" I exclaimed.

"No, no, no. You need to stay here, we'll go find Nano." Ander pointed at me. I couldn't respond that they already left.

I groaned before grabbing my phone and dialing Carla's number, we agreed to go home together.

I arrived at the parking lot, searching for Carla or our Uber. What came into my sight terrified me.

"Let go of her!" I yelled running in Carla's direction.

"Isabella, I have nothing against you. Leave." Nano looked at me before harassing Carla once again.

"I said stop!" I yelled trying to get him away from my friend.

"Listen, Isabella." he grabbed my wrist. "I know you are a good person but not all of your friends are, okay? You should start to open your eyes before someone else gets killed." I looked at him horrified, how could he say something like that when he killed our best friend?

"Let them go!" Samuel appeared from behind a car, walking towards us. I grabbed Carla and I pulled her in my arms as Samuel started beating his own brother. The blonde girl was shaking and so was I.

"Samuel, stop!" I tried to persuade him but he just kept punching Nano.

"You're going to kill him!" Carla yelled in fear grabbing Samuel's arm. He didn't listen he kept on beating him over and over again.

***

"You're not going to report him?" Guzman asked Carla.

"He barely touched me or Izzy," Carla stated.

"Are we waiting until he kills you before we go to the station?" I sighed, sitting on a desk.

"Welcome to fucking reality, Guzman." Carla snapped. "When a woman reports a guy, it's her word against his. The most likely thing is that she won't be believed. Anyway, the last thing I want is for that bastard to go back to jail, even more pissed off at me than before."

"Why does he hate you?" Guzman asked.

"My friend, come on. Does he really need an explication to do what he did? He probably thought we were easy targets. The girls walking home alone." I stated the obvious.

"Good morning." We were interrupted by the teacher entering the class. " I have the exam results." We all returned to our seats. I sat beside Carla, just beside the window. I furrowed my eyebrows as Lu avoided awkwardly Guzman, sitting in the front line with Cayetana but then I remembered what he had told me the night before. I looked at her with sympathy offering her my best comforting smile.

***

"Isabella!" I turned around quickly as I heard my name being shouted. I smiled as I saw my best friend running to me in the schoolyard.

"Do you have time?" Guzman asked.

"For you? Always." I smiled, signaling him to sit down next to me. "What's up?"

"So... today's Ander's birthday." he started. "And you know we usually hang out just the four of us every year."

"Guz." I stopped him. "I appreciate it, but I don't think it's a great idea for me to come after everything that happened." I looked at him sadly.

"No, no it's not that." He shook his head. "He refused to celebrate his birthday. He said that he needs to study for some exam." I furrowed my eyebrows, that was not an Ander's habit. "And when I asked him why he has been acting so strange lately he just resumed it as if it was just his parents' divorce. I know he is hiding something," he stated determinedly.

"And? Which role am I playing in this?" I didn't get why it would involve me too, we weren't together anymore.

"Iz, you are the only one who can crack that Pandora's box." I rolled my eyes.

"Guzman, I repeated it once, I'll repeat it twice. We are not together anymore, stop asking me stuff like this." I groaned.

"Isabella, I'm serious. Something is off about him and he just keeps it all bottled. You know him better than anyone and you know that he will explode if he doesn't talk to someone. He won't talk to me, but he will if you are the one asking." he tried to persuade me.

"Why would he tell me anything? Which part of we are not together anymore you don't understand? He doesn't love me anymore." I raised my voice.

"Now you are the one acting stupid." I looked at him insulted. "No offense but, you must really be blind to not notice the sexual and emotional tension there is in the air when you two are close." he had that expression as if he knew everything about sentimentalism.

"You're giving me relationship advice when you just broke up with your girl? Because you cheated on her? Very clever, Guzman." I crossed my arms on my chest.

"Listen," He returned seriously. "If not for me, then do it for him."

I'm seriously conflicted, I don't know if I ship more Isabella with Samuel or Ander!!!
What do you think is going to happen in the next chapters? They are already ready to be published.

Xoxo