1.13

"Isabella Perez Alzamendi, right?" the police officer sat in front of me.

I nodded. "Yeah, that's me."

"I need to ask you a few questions." she started. "What was your relationship with the victim?"

I cleared my voice at hearing Marina being called 'the victim'. I turned my head at my lawyer who nodded for me to continue.

"We were best friends. We grew up together, our parents have always been friends so..." I trailed.

"Did something happen between you two recently?"

"Nothing serious, she had been acting differently since the beginning of the year, I didn't give much importance to that. Then I found out about Nano and the pregnancy so everything made sense."

"Did something happen between you two at the party?" I looked up to her shocked.

"What are you trying to say?"

"Look, Isabella, it can happen to anyone, going too far. It's the party for the end of the school year... there's alcohol. Maybe a fight got out of control." she assumed.

"I'm not like that. No way, she is- she was my best friend, I loved her. I would have never done something like that, not to her. If you don't believe me, I stayed with my boyfriend  all night."

"No one is accusing you, Isabella. I'm just asking routine questions."

I scoffed at her response, we were mourning our friend and she went assuming we killed her.

"I heard some years ago there was a fight in your school, involving your group of friends directly. If I remember correctly, Ander, Polo, and Guzman waited for a guy named Pablo to get out of class."

"This has nothing to do with what happened."

"How angry was Guzman?" she asked ignoring my comment.

"I mean, he had just found out the guy had infected his sister, who was only 14 at the time. He wasn't happy obviously." 

"What did they do to him?"

"They fought, nothing out of the ordinary."

"Guzman found out his sister was about to run away with a boy that got her pregnant, a boy like Pablo. What if he confronted her and in a fit of rage killed her? Tell me the truth."

"He barely touched Pablo. And he is not capable to do something like that to his own sister. Guzman has a difficult personality but he is a good guy and a great brother." I defended him.

"Some of your classmates referred to the three new kids that got scholarships as another specie, that they are the cause of what happened to Marina."

I chuckled bitterly. "I'm pretty sure it was Lu."

"Do you think it's true?"

"I mean, partly. It's true that since the new kids arrived everything changed for us as a group. We kind of distanced ourselves from one another mainly because someone thought they were a bad influence and someone not. But they are good kids, all of them."

"Okay, one last question: what can you tell me about this trophy?" she showed me an image of the trophy Marina had won at the party.

"It's the trophy the most excellent student wins at the end of the year. Marina won it. Why?" I asked, not linking it to the murder.

"We think it's the murder weapon."

Hello everyone! How are you doing? How's life in quarantine for the ones who are stuck at home like me?
Let me know in the comments, also season 1 is coming towards an end pretty soon!!!

Xoxo