2.12

I wasn't in the mood for another English class so I just asked the teacher to go to the bathroom to clear my mind up. I leaned on my locker, closing my eyes, and just thinking about nothing.

"Are you okay?" I opened my eyelids and watched as the boy walked to me until he stood right in front of me.

"Everything's fine, pretty boy." I joked. "Shouldn't you be in class?"

"I could ask the same thing." I giggled at his response. "No, actually, I wanted to thank you for not reporting my brother."

I smiled sadly at him. "Samu, he barely touched me, and also, they wouldn't have believed me without evidence," I affirmed.

"They wouldn't have believed most girls. But you are not most girls, you are rich and the daughter of the most important judge in all Spain," he stated without looking elsewhere but my eyes. "If you or Carla had gone to the police, Nano would be behind bars right now." He put his hand on the locker room behind me, his face inches from mine.

"Do I need to remind you that you almost killed your brother?" I got lost in his brown eyes. "Why?" I didn't get it.

"I couldn't let him touch you, either of you." He remained vague.

"Why did he come to us? I don't believe the 'easy targets' crap." I asked him, I knew he knew the answer. He kept his mouth shut.

"He told me that my friends aren't good people, that I had open my eyes before someone else gets killed." I quoted. "Answer me, Samuel!" I raised my voice, tired of his silence.

"Bella, please." He begged in a lower voice. "I can't tell you but you have to trust me on this, okay?"

"Why should I trust you?" I said almost heartbroken by the situation.

"Have I ever gave you a motive for not trusting me?" He asked making me shook my head. "I'm not lying to you when I say I can't tell you, I can't risk getting you in danger." he caressed my cheek slowly, his rings cold against my warm skin.

"In what troubles are you in?" I felt sorry for him, he just wanted to carry the weight of the world on his shoulders. He sighed before pressing his forehead against mine.

***

"Seriously, Lu, it's not worth it!" I exclaimed over the phone. "If he can't see what he's missing, then he's fucking stupid, babe." I put the phone on speaker and started removing the dresses I had on to change in some shorts and a long shirt that covered me perfectly.

"I know, Iz, I'm amazing but after everything I did, he just treats me like I'm some piece of garbage? I saved his life, I put aside mine to help him morn Marina's death..." she wanted to seem like she cared about nothing but deep inside she was hurting badly, she and Guzman had always been the couple.

"Lu, I know you don't want to hear this." I began as I tied my hair in a messy bun and removed my make-up. "Maybe it's time to let him go. He doesn't deserve you, you should not waste time with someone who doesn't return your feelings." I said sadly, considering they were both my friends.

"It's not so easy and you know that, my girl. I can't just forget about him in a second."

I smiled unhappily "I talk for experience, it will take time, lots of-" I stopped myself as I heard the doorbell ringing. I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering who could come to our house so late at night.

"Ms. Isabella, you have visitors." the maid said after knocking on my door. I was even more confused than before but made her a sign to let the person enter.

"Lu, I'm going to call you back. Something surged." I muttered as I saw who the so-called visitor was. I hung up the phone.

"What are you doing here?" I said defensively.

"I was at the club, keeping company to Omar. Guzman and I fought again, then Omar fucking annoyed me and I realized that was not how I wanted to spend my birthday," he narrated me.

I raised an eyebrow. "I still don't get why you are here, Ander." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"You are the person I want to spend my birthday with because you are the only one that matters."

I giggled dryly. "You expect me to believe you? You don't get to come here as if nothing happened and pretend to spend the night with me." I was getting angry.

"I'm begging you, Bella. Just for tonight, I need you, okay?" He got closer to me, his eyes seemed like they were watering.

"What about Omar?" I whispered.

"I don't care." Was all he answered before he wrapped his arms around me, bringing me close to his chest. I inhaled his scent as I leaned my head on his firm chest.

"Pajama party?" he asked as we pulled away. I giggled as the memories from when we were little came back into my mind. Whenever one of us felt sad or moody we would do a pajama party which meant staying all night up in bed with sweets and films.

I nodded at his question. "I think we are too old for candies but I still have chips and chocolate and most importantly, alcohol." I clapped my hands excitedly.

We gathered on my bed my laptop, some chocolate bars, chips, and two bottles of beer each. He took off his jacket and shoes, jumping on my bed as excited as a boy on a Christmas morning. I laid down beside him, the laptop in between us so that we could see the film. He opened our beers, handing me mine while I grabbed a handful of chips from the bag.

"Ander," I called him.

"Hmm?" he muttered turning his full attention on me.

"Happy birthday." we collided our bottles, toasting internally.

Can't lie, I've actually loved writing this chapter, guess why! Ahahah
Leave comments and votes as always, my dear friends!
Stay strong

Xoxo