2.4

"I know it's not the right time, but we need to talk." I read out loud the message Ander had sent me that morning. "What do you need to talk about?" I asked sitting down on his bed. "Something's wrong?" I asked as he just stared at the wall in silence.

"I did something bad..." he whispered looking down at his hands.

"Hey," I said softly. "You can tell me everything" I sat down next to me.

"I-I think I like boys too," he muttered ashamed.

"Baby, there's nothing wrong about it, I love you for who you are." I looked at him sympathetically. "If you are afraid of your parents' reaction, you don't have to worry, they love you as much as I do, Ander." I tried to reassure him, he looked so bothered about it.

"No, no, you don't understand Isabelle." he got up, waving his hands in the air nervously. "I found out I like boys too when..." he stopped as if it hurt too much saying it.

"When what? Tell me, Ander." I begged. The anxiety was too much.

"When I kissed Omar." he spat it out. I looked at him wide-eyed at his confession.

"You did what?" I got up too quickly, hoping I misheard it.

"Bella.." I turned back to reality as Carla nudged me. "Are you even listening?" she whispered so that the teacher couldn't hear us.

"Sorry, I was just thinking." I rubbed my forehead. "What's wrong?" I asked noticing her worrying behavior.

"I think something bad happened to Christian." I turned around, noticing just at that moment that the boy wasn't sat behind us like usual. I met Samuel's eyes as I did that, scrutinizing me.

I quickly turned back around as the principal started speaking. "Your classmate Christian...had a motorbike accident last night."

"How did you know that?" I whispered to my blonde friend. She just looked at me, without saying a word.

"It seems that he had been drinking and he hit another vehicle." the woman continued. "The car fled from the scene."

"Did they say how he's doing?" Ander asked his mother.

"Just that he's in critical condition." I felt Carla's hand gripping tightly mine, her gaze fixed on the wall in front of us. "He's been in surgery all night." the principal continued.

***

I stepped out of the hospital's elevator with Carla and Samuel. We decided to go check on Christian just after classes. We walked through the hallway until we were faced with Nadia, she hadn't been at school too that day.

"What are you doing here?" Carla asked, playing nervously with her rings.

"My father has been admitted," she confessed sadly. "Luckily, it was just a scare." I rubbed her arm in consolation.

"Do you know anything? About Christian?" Carla asked in a low voice.

"The doctor just came. He's alive." I sighed in relief. "Which is a miracle, apparently, given how badly he was hit." 

"So will he be alright?" I asked genuinely worried about the boy.

"I don't know, Isabella. Doctors say it's not looking good." Nadia added, not assuring me.

***

"Dad! What are you doing here?" I turned to see Carla's parents at the end of the hospital's hallway. Her mother went talking to Christian's parents while Teodoro walked to us. In the end, Ander and Lu met us at the hospital, we all were waiting for some news for about some hours.

"I've come to see Christian." he nodded.

"They told us that they won't tell us anything new till tomorrow," Lu explained.

"You must have spoken to the wrong person," he stated. "I'm going to have to talk to him alone. I think I can help him."

I couldn't help but notice Samuel's stare on the man as he was sat on a radiator, me beside him.

"His parents have agreed. You guys should probably-"

Samuel got down the radiator and looked at the man. "Can we go in after?"

"It'll be a long conversation and it's late. Why don't you guys go home to rest?" it seemed very much like an excuse that one.

"I'm not tired," Samuel replied.

"Would you prefer to be tired in class tomorrow?" another excuse. "I'm saying it for your own good. And Christian's. He and I have some important things to discuss that might help him." he looked at Samuel before turning to his daughter.

"I'm not leaving from here until I can see Christian." I would have smiled at his stubbornness if the situation wasn't critical.

"Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough, kid. Come back tomorrow." he insisted.

"Listen, you must have a lot of friends here, but you don't own the hospital. Not yet. You don't get to decide who can stay and who can leave." Samuel responded with attitude, I had never seen this guy so confident and not shy. "And I'm staying. Did I make myself clear enough?" he concluded, looking at him directly in the eyes.

"I'm staying too." Carla backed him up.

"We all are," Ander spoke.

"Count me in," I spoke from behind my best friend.

"And so am I... I suppose." Lu concluded.

Guys! I wanted to thank you for the 31k reads! Wow, that's huge and awesome! Can't thank you enough.
As always, vote and comment for soon updates.

Xoxo