1.6

"I need to talk to you." I stopped Guzman in the school's garden.

"Yeah, what's up?" he asked standing still.

"It's about Ander, I know about the drugs," I whispered the last part so that no one could hear us.

"How?" he whispered too.

"Yesterday, at the party. We kind of argued because of that." I looked down playing with my rings.

"I'm sorry, Christian accidentally told me. I tried to persuade him to stop but he wouldn't listen." he put a hand on my shoulder comfortably. "You two fought?"

"Yeah, we yelled at each other for various reasons including the fact that he smoked weed but then..." he looked at me curiously encouraging me to continue. "Then we kissed and had sex." it sounded more like a question than an exclamation.

"Wow, I wasn't expecting that." Guzman chuckled awkwardly. "And what's the issue with that? I mean, it's good, right?"

"I don't know. We haven't talked about it ever since and he wasn't there this morning when I woke up. He usually stays with me and we go to school together." I looked up at him with pleading eyes, needing a bit of advice.

"Hey, it's normal in a relationship to fight especially about important things like these, but hey, everything is going to be fine between you guys. He loves you, there's nothing that he wouldn't do for you. You have to see him when he looks at you, with pure love in his eyes." he took my chin within his fingers, forcing me to look at him. I nodded feeling more relieved and comforted by my friend.

"Let's go inside." he nodded to the building in front of us. As we entered we found Ander standing still in the entrance with headphones, completely disconnected from the world around him.

Guzman waved to him, making our presence relevant to him. He took his headphones off, looking at us.

"What happened?" Guzman asked as soon as he noticed the cast on Ander's wrist. I took him with my hands looking at him worriedly.

"What do you mean, what happened?" Ander's father approached us. "It happened at your house, in the pool." here we go again, Ander lying to his dad.

"Yes, Antonio, sorry." Guzman saved the situation. "I just didn't know it was that bad," he said before greeting the man.

"Isabella, hey." Antonio greeted me too with a kiss on the cheek. "You didn't know?" he asked as he saw my perplex expression.

"No, neither of them said anything." I shrugged,

"He'll have to wear it for two weeks. You should be more careful."

Guzman nodded. "It was my fault. I wasn't looking and he started goofing around. It won't happen again. I'll keep a close eye on him."

As Guzman went to class and Ander's father went training, I moved Ander to one side. "What the fuck happened?" I asked, wondering when he did that to himself.

"It's from the punch I gave Christian yesterday night," he muttered, looking down.

"Why didn't you say that to your father?"

"What was I supposed to say? That I was in a clandestine party, filled with drugs and alcohol and that I had to punch a guy because he was kissing my girl?" he replied angrily.

"Don't talk to me like that." I couldn't bear when he talked to me that way, raising his voice. "We should talk about what happened yesterday." I lowered my voice, not wanting to fight with him.

"There's nothing to talk about," he said before leaving. I looked at him as he warded off from me, leaving me alone in a corner.

***

"It's fine, right? Good as new." Ander's father said as the doctor took off the cast from his wrist. It made me feel sad that all his father cared about at that moment was whether he could play tennis again.

The doctor turned softly his wrist. "It's not swollen. Does it hurt?" he asked the boy. Ander's grunts were enough as an answer.

"I'd be cautious and leave it bandaged another week. If you're still in pain after that, we'll run some tests to see what the problem is."

Ander couldn't even look at his father in the eyes. Antonio sighed. "Well, alright, then."

The doctor put again the cast on Ander's wrist before he and Antonio left the room, probably to discuss it better. I sat next to Ander on the bench.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. I kind of felt guilty about all this situation.

"What for?" he looked at me confused.

"It's my fault you hurt your wrist." I looked down ashamed. "I was just trying to get back at you for the drugs thing and..." I trailed not knowing what to say.

"Hey, no, look at me." he lifted my chin with his good hand. "It's not your fault, it doesn't matter whether you made it on purpose. You are my girl and I have to protect you ok?" He wiped with his thumb a tear that dropped from my eye.

"So you are not mad at me?" I asked lowering my voice.

"Baby, no. I love you, okay? Nothing else matters. Come here." he signaled me to sit on his lap, which I did. I wrapped my arms around his neck, his hands went on my waist.

"I love you too, Ander," I replied connecting our lips. "But we need to talk about it." he knew what I was referring to.

"I know, baby. I know." he pressed his forehead against mine, both enjoying the silence of being alone.

Hello everyone once again!
How are you?
Leave comments and vote for another update.

Xoxo