1.14

"On the first of June, around 9:30 pm, you entered the school swimming pool. Marina was there. You had an increasingly heated argument until you picked up the trophy and hit her on the back of the head with it. She didn't die instantly, which means you left her there bleeding to death. This is what we believe happened, and more importantly, what the judge believes happened. Do you have anything to say in your defense?"

***

We all were gathered in the police station waiting for the results of the police investigation. I was sat on a chair in between Guzman and Ander, gripping both of their hands tightly. Polo was sat behind us.

The woman officer entered the room followed by two officers, gaining all of our attention. We all got up suddenly at their entrance.

"It's him," she said to the two officers. "You are under arrest for the murder of Marina Nunier," she said to Nano as he was handcuffed by the deputies.

"What the fuck are you saying?" He yelled at her face, with tears of anger in his eyes. Ander grabbed me by the hand, pulling me behind me, after seeing the outburst of Nano.

"Arrest him." was all the woman said in front of Nano's screams.

"Look me in the face and say it again!" he yelled as the officers were bringing him away.

"Samu!" he escaped the officers' grip and ran to his brother. "Samu, you know I'd never hurt Marina." he pressed their foreheads together.

"You know I'd never hurt Marina!" he repeated as the officers grabbed him, pulling him away from Samuel. They carried him away.

***

"Breakfast is ready, honey." my mum called me from the dining room. I walked downstairs, finding my parents already seated on the table. I kissed my father's cheek before sitting down next to them. In front of me, there was a plate full of delicious pancakes.

"Sweetie." my father called me as I started to eat my breakfast. I looked up at him waiting for him to continue. "After what happened to Marina." I sighed with pain at hearing her name. "I cannot imagine what her parents are going through now, so I'm begging you, whatever happens, you come to me, to us," he said seriously.

"Dad, there's nothing to worry about. Marina got herself some shady friends, I won't do the same mistake." I calmly said. "You know me, daddy, I'm not that kind of girl and I'll never be. And you know my friends, we have been friends since we were toddlers." 

He took my hand. "I'm telling you seriously, you have to be responsible, okay? No secrets, no lies. That's what caused Marina's terrible accident. And I do, I trust your friends because I know they are good kids, but please be careful."

"I promise dad, there won't be lies or secrets." I smiled at him, before continuing to eat my pancakes. "It's just..." I continued. "Nano loved her, I don't understand why he did it." I expressed my opinion honestly.

"Isabelle, sometimes love makes you do stupid things, it makes you foolish, it makes you throw every bit of logic away. The passion that comes with it is sometimes unbearable." my mother said with her usual philosophical way of seeing things.

"Or..." my father intervened "It just wasn't love."

After that emotional breakfast with my parents, I returned to my room, where I had spent the majority of my time since Marina passed away. I was scrolling my Instagram home page when my phone vibrated.

"Guzman tried to kill himself. He's fine now, just want to let you know cause I know how close you two are."

I read Lu's message with anguish, the thought of losing another close friend scared me to death.

"Need me to come there?"

"No, don't worry, Iz. I'll take care of him, but when he is calmed down you should come, he needs you. ;)

I smiled knowing that Lu loved him truly and she was not the self-centered bitch everyone thought she was.

My phone rang once again, I furrowed my eyebrows as I recently terminated to speak to Lucrecia. I sighed in relief when I saw it was Ander the message's owner.

"I know it's not the right time, but we need to talk."

Here it is!!! Season 1 finale. Next chapter won't be immediately about season 2. Firstly, I decided to write a bonus chapter in which there will be some sort of interview with the actress who plays Isabella in Elite.
See you!

Xoxo