Battle (Part 2.1)

Not edited

Clary Pov

The trees rushed past me as I ran, searching frantically for Jace. So far, I'd had no luck at finding him. After another minute of searching to no avail, I slumped against a deciduous tree in defeat. I closed my eyes. We were so screwed. If I couldn't find Jace, then a Demon was going to get to him and kill him. And then one of our best fighters would be gone and so would any chance we had of winning. 

I groaned before straightening. Even if we were going to lose, I would put in all my effort to win. There was no way I would let Valentine win without a fight. I would die trying. As I tried to navigate my way out of the forest, I heard a girl scream. I froze, straining my ears for the sound. After waiting for a while and not hearing the sound once again, I gave up and was about to leave when it came again. 

I froze, and then began heading towards where I assumed the scream had came from. I picked up my pace when it came again, practically sprinting now. I stopped, my head snapping from side to side. The screams had stopped, but I could hear heavy breathing. I shut my eyes and concentrated. After a moment, I determined that it was coming from my left. I headed in that direction, looking behind trees in hopes of finding the person.

"Who's there?" I called out. 

It took a moment, but I got a reply. "Clary!" The voice screamed.

I had a sneaking suspicion of who it was, but I didn't believe that he could make such a high pitched sound. Until I saw him backed up against a tree, mouth open, and a scream ripping out of his throat.

"Jace?" I gaped my eyes bulging out.

"Help! I'm too hot to die!" He screamed as the Vetis Demon seemed to cock its head to the side and observe him. I had an inkling that the sparkly force field-like thing surrounding Jace had attracted the Demon.

"I wonder why I'm dating you when you say things like that," I remarked.

"I'll show you once you get me out of here," he gritted out as the Demon advanced. 

"I don't think I can kiss those lips anymore," I commented as I pulled out my Katana. "Yo," I yelled, waving my Katana to get its attention. It twitched its head towards me, it's ruby-red eyes following my weapon. 

It began moving towards me, giving me a better look at its screwed up pointy teeth. Disgusting. I sighed, knowing another creature was about to die at my hands. 

I dived forward, my Katana held up like a spear. I stabbed my Katana between its scales, and it recoiled, hissing. I didn't stop my attack there. I jabbed the sword into its eyes, blinding it. Swiftly, I cut its head off, expelling it from this dimension. 

"What-" Jace exclaimed when I slashed at the sparkly thing. He gaped in surprise when he realized that he was able to move. 

"You're a loser," I muttered, putting my Katana back in its scabbard and walking away. "Where were you going anyways?"

He jogged up to me and threw a arm over my shoulder. "I found out where Valentine is."

I came to an abrupt stop. He yelped in surprise as he tripped over a tree root. His arms flailed helplessly as he attempted to regain his balance. It was a futile attempt, and he went crashing down. 

He groaned and pulled himself back up. "A warning next time would be appreciated."

"How?" I questioned, ignoring his complaints.

"I've been having these weird dreams. It's like they've been leading me to Valentine, and now that I'm here in Idris, I know where to go."

"And where is this place?"

"Lake Lyn," he said.

"The why in the Angel's name are we still here?" I exclaimed. "Let's go!"

I bent down, pulling out my stele and quickly drew the Portal Rune. Once the Portal had formed, I grabbed Jace's hand and jumped in.

I kept my eyes shut and tried to envision what the lake looked like. But unfortunately, it was a bit hard to remember as I had only seen it a few times in my life. I did my best though, thinking of a reflective, mirror like lake.

When the nauseating spinning finally stopped, I opened my eyes after taking a few deep breathes. Wouldn't want to puke, now would I?

"Aww, crap," I said when I saw where we were. It seemed to be the mouth of a cave. "Where-"

Jace clamped a hand down on my mouth and motioned towards the mouth of the cave, mouthing the word "listen". 

I followed his example and leaned forward, trying to make out any voices. When the voices finally reached my ears, I nearly reared back in surprise. If Jace hadn't been holding me, I'm sure we would've been caught, and I'd have at least a few broken bones. 

"You're going to stay here, and make sure everything goes according to plan while I go to Lake Lyn and summon the Angel. Got it?" Valentine summarized.

"But-"

"I said, got it?" Valentine repeated, his voice sharp.

"Yes, father," Jonathon meekly replied.

"Good..." Valentine cut himself off. "Do you hear that?" Valentine's steps headed towards the front of the cave where we were standing. 

"It's nothing, father. You're just being paranoid," Jonathon said.

Jace and I held our breaths, hoping that Valentine would believe him. His footsteps began moving once again, and I looked around desperately, searching for a place we could hide. Just as I spotted a shrub that could most likely hide us, Jonathon's voice came again.

"Father, if we don't hurry up, we won't be able to go through with our plan."

"You're right," Valentine finally acknowledged. 

I quickly pulled Jace behind the shrub, clamping a hand down on my own mouth to limit the sound of my breathing. Jace did the same.

"You better not screw this up, Jonathon," Valentine warned. "I will have your head cut off if you mess this up."

"I won't father," Jonathon robotically said.

"You better not."

Who I assumed was Valentine appeared a few feet in front of us. He swiftly headed down a slope, probably going to the lake.

We watched him go and once we could no longer see him, we waited for a few more minutes before getting up slowly. 

We softly stepped out of the bush, my hand clutching Jace's. Tip-toeing away from the cave, we made to follow Valentine, hoping Jonathon wouldn't hear us. Lady Lucky wasn't on our side, however.

"Where are you two going?" His cold voice stopped us.

Slowly, both Jace and I turned our heads. A sword was pointed at us, but he was looking at me, his depth-less, black eyes glaring at me.

"To Aline. We were planning on having an orgy," I blurted out, not thinking of how over-protective Jonathon was of her.

If possible, his eyes grew colder. "Wrong thing to say," he hissed before diving at us, his sword ready to chop us to pieces.

Fuck. My. Uncontrollable. Mouth.

______________________________________________

A bit late, I admit. Laziness is my excuse.

Not edited, nor is it read over, as usual.