Convincing the Clave

If you are reading Agent Martinez, I'd just like to tell you I am rewriting it because it wasn't going how I had wanted it to go. I've posted the first 3 chapters, please check them out. I'm not sure if Wattpad tells you if I posted a chapter which had already been posted (I just deleted the writing in the chapters, not the actual chapters). Check it out! The new one is so much better.

Not edited

Alec Pov

I stared at the members of the Clave, doing my best to not shuffle my feet awkwardly as Jocelyn worked her magic. 

"We need your help. Valentine is going to attack at any moment," Jocelyn spoke.

The new Inquistor quirked an eyebrow and I was tempted to shave it of. "Valentine is dead," he claimed. 

"He isn't, you'd be an idiot to believe that Inquistor Aldertree," Jocelyn argued.

"He was burned down along with his son and you."

"Yet I'm alive," Jocelyn retaliated. "'Why can't he be?"

"It's possible, Aldertree," another member spoke up. My gaze snapped over to the lady. Her blonde hair was held back in a firm bun, bright red lipstick coating her lips. Her luminescent, green eyes held intelligence.

I could have hugged her, glad that somebody had finally agreed with us. "But," Aldertree's squeaky voice interrupted, "How do we know this isn't a ploy by Valentine."

"At least you admitted he's alive. That's a start," I said and everybody's eyes snapped to me, this being the first time I had spoken throughout the entire meeting.

"I'm not admitting anything," he argued. "I'm just looking at all the possibilities."

"Okay, that's a start. To answer your question Inquistor, there's always going to be a ploy where Valentine is involved," Jocelyn butted in before I could say anything.

"That's a bit harsh don't you think?" A new voice spoke. "After all, I am your husband."

Gasps exploded throughout the room, my own being one of them. Valentine stood a few meters away from us, smirking at our expressions, basking in the attention.

"Your not my husband, you monster," Jocelyn spat.

I looked over at Valentine for his reaction. His smirk remained intact and he even straightened out his suit. "Tis, tis, tis Jocelyn; no name calling."

"Valentine?" Aldertree gaped, attracting the man in question's attention.

Valentine raised his brow. "Aldertree? I heard they replaced dear Imogen with you, didn't believe it though."

Sweat literally ran down his face like a waterfall, slightly drenching his clothes and making them darker. The Shadowhunters near him crinkled their noses most likely because of the rancid odour he was giving off.

"You're really alive!" He shrieked, his eyes bulging out like a fish's.

Valentine rolled his eyes. I never thought I'd see an evil mastermind rolling his eyes. "Yes, Aldertree. Who knew your puny amount of brain cells could come to a conclusion?"

"Ahh!" Aldertree screamed out of no where, rushing towards Valentine with his seraph blade in hand.

When Aldeertree made to stab Valentine, the blade went through his body. Aldertree stopped in surprise, his eyes darting down to his blade. Valentine reached forward and grabbed his throat, choking him. Aldertree spluttered, wheezing and hitting Valentine's wrist to no avail. His hands just kept going through Valentine. Nobody moved forward to help the Inquistor, all just gazing upon them in horror. 

I debated between going up to help Aldertree or staying with the Shadowhunters. But my decision would have made no difference as Aldertree had already went limp. Valentine dropped the pudgy man with a thump before looking up at all of us. "That's what happens when you mess with me." Valentine's hologram disappeared.

Everybody continued to stare at the last place they had seen the man presumed to be dead before the blonde lady finally looked up at Jocelyn, her face drained of all colour. "What do you want us to do?"

_________________________________________________________

Crappy, short chapter, I know. My apologies to everybody. Anyways, as I said in the author's note at the beginning of the chapter, check out the rewritten version of Agent Martinez!

Good day and goodbye. Plz vote and comment.

Not edited, nor is it read over, as usual.