Escaping Again

Not edited

Clary Pov

I woke up with a groan, feeling like I had a hangover. Well, I don't think I had one. The back of my head was throbbing and every little movement made my brain jiggle.

I got up, but immediately puked. 

"Was that really necessary?" A voice from the dark corner spoke.

I knew who it was without lifting my head. I chucked the hair that had fallen forward, back. I took a deep breath feeling better after puking as disgusting as that sounds. I spit one last time before turning around and facing the corner behind me.

There stood Johnathon, looking like an evil mastermind. "Was it really necessary to knock me out and bring me to this dungeon?" I retorted, motioning around the windowless cube. The only opening were the bars which resembled the ones in a jail cell.

"I didn't knock you out," he said indignantly. "I just had Aline knock you out."

"Oh, so Aline's with you now?" I knew that witch couldn't be trusted!

He snorted. "Forget about her. She's just a toy in my plan."

"What kind of toy?"

He sent me a confused look. "What?"

"I mean, is she like a little kid's toy or like those toys adults use when, you know-"

"I get it! I get it!" He sent me an annoyed look.

"So? What type?"

He gave me a dark look and strutted up to me. I lifted my hands in defense but the puking had left me slightly weak and I couldn't defend myself. He punched me in the head, effectively giving me a bruise and knocking me out. Just before I passed out, I heard his last words which left me surprised. "Don't you dare touch her."

The days of my captivity continued on like that. I would wake up, puke (they gave me some food), annoy Johnathon, and he would knock me out. I even managed to confirm that Johnathon liked Aline. One of the worst 2 people in the world liked each other. What would their kids turn out like? I shivered at the thought of mini Johnathon's with soulless eyes running around. Or mini Aline's groping random guys. Yuck!

"Father wants to talk to you." He didn't give me a chance to respond because he grabbed me by the wrist and yanked me out of the cell, surprising me. If I was in better shape, I would have fought him, but I was pretty sure if my head suffered another hit, I'd get a concussion. Stupid shadowhunters had no healing powers like werewolves.

My eyes widened at that thought and I nearly forgot how to breathe. The key word is nearly. How could I have been such an idiot? I wanted to hit myself on the head. I could have escaped days ago. I groaned causing him to look back. He raised his eyebrows before turning back around.

I couldn't believe I had forgotten that I had a stele! I would have to escape tonight after this talk with Valentine. 

We climbed up a slippery stairwell which smelt like rotten meat before turning left. From there on, he took a series of rights and lefts, all the while keeping a firm hold on my wrist.

We eventually walked into a nice looking room compared to all the darkness I had been seeing for the past while. Floor length windows allowed a vast amount of sunlight to enter, as well as providing a magnificent view of the greenery of Idris. There was an oak desk in one corner with plush red sofas sitting on a fluffy white carpet. Looking out of the window was my father, his broad shoulders slumped forward. He turned around and for the first time I saw that he had dark circles.

When he saw me, his eyes brightened and for a second, I had the urge to hug him. An unexplainable urge. Instead, I raised my eyebrows at him. "Why did you call me? Wait no, why did you kidnap me? Don't you know it's illegal? Or are you too much of a psychopath?"

A slap to the face shut me up and I looked up, my vision swimming. Valentine stood in front of me, the brightness in his eyes now completely diminished. He now resembled a mad man. A man who had no ounce of sanity left.

"Shut up," he snarled. "Take her back. I'll talk to her later," he ordered. Johnathon made a sputtering sound but a deadly glare form my father killed any sounds of protest.

Johnathan's grip tightened as he dragged me back to my dank dungeon and chucked me in. "That was a waste of time," he growled.

"I bet that's what mom said when she gave birth to you."

He howled and slapped me, hard. My head snapped back and as I tried to see past the black dots spotting my vision, I heard Johnathon leave. I shot up and collapsed against the wall, clutching at my red roots.

Once I was stable enough to take a few steps, I reached into my bra and pulled out a stele. I know, I"m brilliant. 

Pshh, you forgot about it you dumb butt, my conscience hissed.

Shut up, I mentally hissed.

Great I was arguing with myself now. The hits to my head had finally gotten to me.

I quickly drew the rune on the wall and surprisingly, it worked. I had thought Johnathon would do something to restrict me from escaping but turns out he's an idiot. Just like St. Valentine. See what I did there? No? Okay.

Just as my leg went through, I heard the door clang open. I looked back and saw Valentine standing there. "And where do you think you're going?"

I ddin't respond, instead I focused on not puking. I had never puked while I was in a portal ad I didn't feel like starting now. I wished I had had enough time to put on a healing rune.

Just as Valentine was about to disappear from sight, I yelled, "I hope you know I hate you." And then I puked.

He lunged toward me, trying to stop me, but it was too late. I twisted through the portal, my own vomit hitting me, until I was spat out in New York. A sense of deja vu hit me, minus all the food my stomach had sent back up. It was just like the first time I escaped.

I was standing in front of a broken down church. Our beloved institute. But what surprised me the most was who else was standing outside the Institute. 

The shadowhunters of the Institute. And Jocelyn, my long lost mother.

I got away from one psychopathic parent, only to meet another one. I wondered if giving birth to Johnathon and me had left her as crazy as Valentine?

_________________________________________________________

Plz vote and comment and plz check out my new story, Guardian Angel. Thank you!

Not edited, nor is it read over, as usual.