Convincing the Vampires

Plz answer the questions at the end!

Not edited

Clary Pov

I strapped a dagger to each leg and strapped my katana to my back and applied the invisibility rune to it. I heard footsteps behind me, but didn't bother to turn around.

"Ready?"

"Yeah." I grabbed a little flask of holy water and put it in my pocket.

I finally turned around and smacked into an unidentified chest. I stumbled back and then the chest grew arms and hands which grabbed my waist, stabilizing me.

I looked up to the owner of the chest. "Was that really necessary?"

Jace laughed. "Yes it was."

"What happened to personal space?"

"It went to outer space." He smirked.

"That makes no sense." When I saw that he was about to speak again, I continued. "And I don't want to hear your reasoning."

He gasped and slapped his hand to his heart. "That hurts, right here." He rubbed his chest.

I laughed. "Come on, we're supposed to meet Simon at that hotel."

He sighed. "I don't wanna see vamp boy."

"Be nice. He's the one who told you where I was while you were having the time of your life."

His face tightened and  he pulled me closer. "I really am sorry Clary. I should have known better than to get involved with Aline. Please forgive me?" Sincerity was laced in his every word.

"Jace," I sighed. "It's not your fault. But if it really means so much to you, I forgive you."

His eyes immediately brightened ad he leaned down to give me a chaste kiss. "Thank you," he whispered.

"Shall we go now?"

"We shall."

"We both walked out and down the multiple staircases. I was pretty sure that we were the only ones left in the Institute.

We stepped into the rickety elevator and it took us down.

"I still don't like this thing," I told Jace.

"It's not going to break Clary. Have faith."

"Sorry, nope. If I had faith in things, I wouldn't be alive."

"Don't you have faith in me?" He asked.

"Uhh.. W-well, you're a different case," I stuttered

"How so?" H smirked, but I could see the curiously in his eyes.

"Uhh.." I didn't know what to say. Thankfully, the elevator came to a stop.

I rushed out, hoping he'd forget about what just happened. I speed-walked down the sidewalk, partially because of him and partially because of the rain.

A hand clasped mine, easily enveloping it. I raised my eyebrows at Jace, but he just shrugged. 

It took us 20 soaking minutes to reach Hotel Durmot's dumpsters which were, according to Jace, the way in. Apparently, New York's vampire clan lived in this hotel.

"Simon isn't here," I said after we had looked around for him. It had been 5 minutes since we'd gotten here and there had been no sign of Simon. It was already nearing midnight.

"Then we're gonna have to do this ourselves." Jace moved to one side of the dumpster and motioned for me to do the same for me to do the same for the opposite end. "We're going to tip it," he commanded.