Plan

I think I'm spoiling you lot by updating so much. I should give it a break. I'll probably stop updating soon.

Not edited

I shivered slightly and moved closed to Jace, only to find the bed empty. I turned around and groaned. The digital clock on his bedside table read 10:30. I was so late.

With a sigh, I jumped out of bed and got my leg stuck in the comforters. I caught myself before I hit the ground and stood up, happy that nobody had seen my moment of embarrassment.

I heard clapping and I looked up. Jace stood in front of me, his eyes sparkling with amusement.

"Who knew that the great Clarissa couldn't get out of bed?"

I huffed and through the pillow at him which he lazily caught. He raised his eyebrows in challenge.

I smirked. I threw 2 more pillows at him to keep him distracted. Just as he caught the second pillow, I threw a tennis ball at his crotch area. Only Jace knows why he kept a tennis ball on his bedside table.

His eyes widened in shock and pain before he hit the ground, groaning.

"Don't mess with the birthday girl." I ruffled his hair as I walked out the door.

Once I was out the door, I came face to face with Alec. I wonder where he's been.

"Once you've changed, your mother has asked for you to join her at the kitchen table." He smiled.

My mouth fell open. I could only nod. This was probably the first time I had seen him smile in my entire life.

I watched as he went inside the room and then heard his boisterous laughter.

There was only one conclusion I could draw. He got layed.

~

After my shower, I went to the kitchen as Alec had told me to. When I made it there, I saw everybody else gathered there as well, excluding Simon and Isabelle. I was pretty sure they were getting it on. What was with me and these perverted thoughts today?

"Happy birthday!" They all yelled.

They took turns hugging me and congratulating me on turning 17.

When we had all settled into our seats, my mother spoke. "Unfortunately Clary, this isn't a surprise birthday party. This something even better."

"And it is?"

"I have a plan to get back at Valentine. You turning 17 today gave me the push to get my revenge. He kept me away from my daughter for 11 years. If you hadn't escaped, it would have hit 12." She looked at me with sad eyes.

"Sorry to break the mood, but what's the plan?" Magnus interrupted our moment.

Jocelyn turned her gaze on him. "I think we need to get the Downworlders and the Shadowhunters to join forces. that way, we'll have a chance of beating Valentine and his army."

"Army?" Jace asked in surprise.

She nodded solemnly. "One of my sources told me that Valentine and Joh- Johnathon are raising an army of demons. They plan to use the Mortal Cup to turn mundanes into robotic Shadowhunters."

I gasped. "Why didn't I know about this? I freaking lived with them!"

"Clary, Valentine can be very secretive when he wants to be. I didn't even know he had injected you with angel blood until it was too late."

I sighed and Jace squeezed my hand.

"How are we going to get the Downworlders to agree?" Alec asked from his place beside Magnus.

"The werewolves have already agreed to join. If we could get the vampires and some warlocks, our chances of winning would increase drastically."

"How did you get the werewolves to join?" Alec asked. "Oh wait, did Luke convince them?"

Jocelyn nodded.

"Who's Luke?" I asked.

Jocelyn froze. "Uhh..."

"Tell her the truth Jocelyn. If she finds out later, you'll be screwed," Magnus said.

"Who teaches you those words?" Alec asked.

"Sweetheart, you gotta keep up with the world, no matter your age."

Sweetheart?

"He's my fiancé," Jocelyn rushed
out.

I certainly wasn't expecting that and if my open mouth wasn't a hint to what I was thinking, then my inability to produce coherent words was.

"Clary, I'm so sorry I didn't tell you. You had a right to know and..."

I blinked rapidly. "It's fine. You barely know me. So when's the wedding?"

She smiled in relief. "We haven't decided yet. I was thinking maybe after this whole thing with Valentine blows over."

"Cool."

"How are you going to get the warlocks to agree?" Jace asked.

"I was thinking that maybe Magnus could help us. I mean, you don't have to gather warlocks, but if you could fight with us?" Jocelyn finished off unsurley.

"It's been a while since I was in a war. Can't wait." Magnus grinned.

"Do you guys know any other warlocks?" She asked.

"I could probably get Ragnor Fell to help," I said.

"Good, good. Anybody else?"

"I'll help her," Magnus volunteered.

"Okay. Alec, could you come with me to Idris to talk to the Clave?" Jocelyn asked.

He nodded.

"Do you know anything else?" She looked at everybody when she asked, but I could tell she was hoping I knew something.

I sighed. I should tell them. "Umm, when I was kidnapped, I found out that Johnathon liked Aline and that she was working with them."

They all gasped, except for Jace. Weird.

"How did you figure that out," Alec asked.

"He accidentally let it slip once when he thought he had knocked me out. After that, I would always provoke him to get a reaction. He confirmed it eventually."

"Jace, where's Aline?" Alec inquired in worry.

"I told her to leave. She's in Idris. Magnus made her a portal." He gave curt answers as if he knew we we're going to ask those questions.

Jocelyn spoke up once again. "In summary this is what's going to happen. Jace and Clary, you will both go convince the vampires with Simon. Clary, you're going with them because I know you can be very convincing. Alec, you'll be going with me to Idris the moment we're done here. Magnus, once Isabelle returns, you and her will go to Ragnor Fell. If he doesn't agree, Clary will go with you the second time. Everybody should be done in 2 weeks. Any questions?"

Nobody had any. "Okay, go. Initiate your plan as soon as possible."

Everybody got up and scampered out of the room. Jace out his arm around me and led us to our room.

"Who knew your mother was such a dictator?" He laughed.

I smiled. I certainly didn't.

_______________________

Plz vote and comment. This was written from my phone so it will probably have mistakes.

Not edited, nor is it read over, as usual.