Institute

Not edited

Jace pov (starts off when Clary walked out of the club)

I rushed out of the storage room with Isabelle and Alec hot on my heels. We were just in time to see a fiery red head strut out the door.

"We need to take her to the institute!" Alec exclaimed.

Nodding my head, I rushed out the door, looking around to see where the nameless red head had vanished.

I saw a head with red hair bobbing through the crowd. Not wasting anytime, I rushed out into the beginning of a storm.

I had only taken a few steps when the girl vanished into an alley. What the hell?! I thought to myself. Picking up my pace, I rushed through the New Yorkers, not even bothering to apologize when I elbowed a few.

Skidding to a stop at the mouth of the alley, I saw the girl pushed up against the alley wall with a bulky man holding her up. I saw her cringe back when the man talked and guessed that she was doing so because of his filthy breath. I doubted she was scared of him.

Suddenly, the man let out a ferocious snarl, crashing his lips to hers.

'Rapist!!!' was the only thought going through my head.

Without warning, she brought her knee up, hitting him where the sun never shined.

As he doubled over, groaning, she wiped her mouth on her arm.

She turned around, obviously having no plans to cause him anymore pain, and began walking to the exit. Somehow she still hadn't noticed me.

Looking behind her, I saw the guy get up, prepared to grab her.

As he lunged for her, she whirled around, shoved her elbow into his face and smacked his head against the wall, knocking him out.

Knowing this was the only chance I would get to catch her off guard, I jumped forward, grabbed her hands, turned her around and pushed her up against the wall.

"Wh-" She cut herself off, seeing who it was.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clary pov

Blondie had me pinned up against the wall, doing the same exact thing thing the other guy had been doing. No kissing though.

Blondie smirked down at me. "Aren't you going to tell me your name?' He questioned.

I shook my head.

"Alright then, guess I'll have to call you Ariel." I growled when he said that. "Will you put a bikini on for me?"

I'll tell you my name if you tell me yours," I gritted out.

"Jace, Jace Wayland," He said.

I froze. How could I have not realized this. He was Valentine's other experiment and apparently, he didn't even know.

"Clary," I said in a clipped tone.

He looked at me expectantly, waiting for my last name. "Morgenstern," I said grudgingly. No point in hiding it.

A gasp at the front of the alley alerted us to the presence of somebody else.

Their stood the boy and girl who had been with Blon- Jace. Not Blondie. Jace.

"That's impossible, Valentine only had one kid and he was Jonathan and they both died," Jace said, drawing my attention back to him. Rain ran down his face, matting his hair to his face. He still managed to look handsome. I probably looked like a drowning cat.

"Well i'm pretty sure I know who my parents were, since he did sorta raise me. And last time I checked, he was breathing. Though I wish he wasn't," I whispered the last past.

"You need to come to the Institute with us," Alec said.

Oh Hell no!

I started thrashing, nearly throwing Jace off of me.

Alec and Isabelle rushed forward to help restrain me. I nearly had them off me in seconds thanks to the training I'd had, until Jace came and put a binding room on me, resulting in fiery handcuffs to form around my hands and me legs.

I was stuck. I couldn't walk, since my legs were sorta stuck together, and I couldn't pull my hands apart since that caused them to tighten.

They all smirked at me before Jace threw me over his shoulder like a rag doll.

I started thrashing around, hoping to alert somebody of what was happening. Even a mundane could help me. Unfortunately, they had put glamour on us.

Alec and Isabelle walked behind us, talking in hushed whispers.

"So, how's life?" Jace asked with his typical smirk.

I didn't reply.

"I'm really liking the view here, you know?"

"Shut up!" I exclaimed blushing a furious red.

"Sure," he said surprising me.

"Means," he continued, "That I have more time to admire the view."

Should of known, I thought to myself.

I sighed, watching how the rain hit the sidewalk.

My hair was soaking and the rain wasn't showing any signs of letting up.

Slowly, the rhythmic sound of his footsteps and the swaying lulled me to sleep. I am so getting a cold was my last thought before I drifted off into oblivion.

I woke up to Jace shaking me.

"We're here," he said.

No shit Sherlock, I thought.

We were in the institute's massive library. It seemed that the books touched the roof. If they weren't going to interrogate me and I wasn't on the run, I would so love to read these books, I thought dimly.

"Okay, so how is Valentine alive?" Izzy questioned.

I let my eyes wander, thinking of how to answer all of their questions.

I sighed, knowing that I was procrastinating.

"Lets start from my name. My full name is Clarissa Adele Fairchild Morgenstern, but I go by Clary."

I looked at all of them. Their mouths were hanging open, most likely because of how long my name was. I tended to get that reaction a lot.

"Is that your real name?" Izzy questioned, her eyes wide.

Oh boy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Plz vote and Comment. Read my other story plz. Also, I fixed the first chapter. I realized I didn't have a description, so...... yeah. If you don't read it over, it won't make a difference. You probably won't understand what I changed. Bye