Story Time

Not edited

Clary Pov

"Clary?" She gasped, her fiery red hair whipping around her face in the wind.

I brushed my own hair out of my face and turned to Simon who had been standing with Magnus Bane and Ragnor Fell in the back. Before I could say anything though, Isabelle came barrelling at me and slammed into me, hugging the life out of me. I was pretty sure she was going to squeeze more puke out of me.

"Oh Clary, I'm so sorry! Simon told us what happened! We were so worried."

I looked at Simon and gave him a questioning look, silently asking if the spell had been lifted. He nodded and I breathed a sigh of relief, finally hugging Isabelle back. It felt so good to have her back. I hadn't realized just how much I had begun to rely on them in such a short amount of time. Especially Jace.

"What happened to your face?" She gasped.

I pulled back from Isabelle, ignoring her question, and ran toward Simon, hugging the living daylights out of him. Well not exactly living, but you get my point.

"How did you do it?" I whispered into his ear.

He smirked, even I could tell that much without looking. "That's a tale for another day. What happened to your face?"

"That's a tale for another day," I mocked. "Simon! Tell me." I whined.

He laughed. "I'll tell you when we're inside and you'll tell me yours. I don't feel like telling you my heroic tale in the rain."

I heard a clap of thunder as he said that and looked up. It did look as if it was going to rain, according to the dark nimbus clouds which were hovering above us.

"Fine," I sighed.

"Clary?" The blonde angel's voice called.

I closed my eyes, silently revelling in the fact that I had my old Jace back.

My eyes snapped open. Since when did I start calling Jace mine?

Since you realized that you were jealous of Aline, my conscience retorted.

Nobody asked you, I snarled back.

Before I could continue my crazy argument with my inner self, Jace called my name again.

I pulled away from Simon completely, and turned to him with a genuine smile on my face. "Great to have you back, Jace."

"It's great to be back."

"Clary?" The voice that I hadn't heard in 11 years interrupted.

I took a deep breath. I could do this. If I could face Valentine, I could face the lady who gave birth to me.

I turned around. Who am I fooling? I couldn't do this. Sure, I was an awesome shadowhunter, maybe even the best, not to sound conceited, but I couldn't face Jocelyn.

A warm hand squeezed mine and I looked down, thinking it was Simon. It wasn't.

It was a calloused hand which felt as if it was used to holding weapons. Small scars were scattered all over it, as were the markings of old runes. Can you guess whose hand it was?

For some unknown reason, it comforted me. It soothed my frayed nerves. Calmed the pain I was I was feeling on every inch of my body. Where were all these feelings coming from?

I made eye contact with emerald green eyes, ones which resembled the ones on my own face.

"Yes?" I finally spoke.