Lucian Graymark

I'm going back to Clary's pov. Enjoy! (and check out Agent Martinez)

Not edited

Clary Pov

"So lets get this straight. The vampires agree, Ragnor Fell doesn't, and the Clave has agreed to include Downworlders in a new government?" Luke confirms. Jocelyn nods, running a stressed hand through her hair while the other one tugged at Central Park's grass.

I observed Lucian Graymark, or Luke Garroway as the mundanes call him, for what seems like the hundredth time this morning. At first, when I'd seen him in Central Park, I had been shocked. I had been expecting some hairy werewolf in tattered clothes, unlike Luke's tidy appearance. I honestly had to admit, he was nothing like what my father had described him to be.

My father had always told me that his parbatai had been a backstabber, a betrayer. Safe to say, I had beleieved him. Never in a million years would I have thought that this kind, fatherly man was Lucian Graymark, I would never have thought he was the one who was engaged to my mother, not that I had a problem with it. I was glad my mother had found somebody who was better than my father.

The moment Luke had seen me, he had pulled me into a fatherly hug, a type of hug Valentine had never given me. As he had hugged me, I had seen Jocelyn wringing her hands in anticpation, most likely wondering whether I liked him or not. It surprised me that she actually cared about my approval. Because of her tense posture and worry lines, I had secretly pulled her to the side and assured her I liked him.

I think even if I hadn't liked him, I would have still told mother that I liked him jjust to see that look of utter happiness.

I saw Luke grab both her hands and rub soothing circles on her hands, the evening sun shining down upon them. I looked away, feeling as if I was intruding on something very private.

"They said Ragnor would see if he wanted to fight, not a straight out 'no'. There's still a posibility that he will fight with us," Ryan said. It turns out that this boy was the optimist in our little group. And Jace's self-proclaimed enemy, but that fact wasn't important.

Jace rolled his eyes in an extremely condescending way. "Stop being so optimistic Underwood. It gets you nowhere besides 6 feet under."

"Jace," I gasped, hitting him on the chest. "Don't be so rude."

He shrugged in response. I looked at Ryan apologetically. "Sorry."

"All good. Though you could make it better if you know what I mean." He winked suggestively.

I heard Jace growl. "I can beat you up this time Underwood. She's my girlfriend so back off."

He snorted. "You can't do anything if she chooses me over you."

Over the past weeek, I'd been running into Ryan more and more, and each time, he had increased his flirting. I was extreemly thankful that Jace hadn't been near me the times Ryan got extremely vulgar.

"There shall be no choosing Ryan," I told him. "I'm with Jace."

"Not for long," he mumbled.

"What was that?" Jace looked like he was going to jump Ryan.

"Jace-"

Simon cut me off. "Boys, calm down. You guys can fight over Clary once we're done here. Now shut up and listen and contribute."

Jace opened his mouth, but I slapped my hand over it. I gave him a look full of warning. "Don't."

His eyes crinkled up and seconds later, I felt his tongue licking my hand. "Eww!" I exclaimed, yanking my hand away and rubbbing it on his black t-shirt. "Don't lick me."