Battle (Part 1)

To start this chapter off, I just wanted to say, thank you so much to everybody who is reading this book. Thanks to you guys, this fanfic has reached 10k! I never thought that would happen as I never thought this story was any good. I'm very grateful to you guys! :) If you could help my story, Agent Martinez reach such a feat, I'd love you guys forever (not that I already don't). Read on! (and so sorry for the delay; school started and I have way too much homework)

Not edited

Clary Pov

I looked around in awe, the beautiful scenery leaving me speechless. Despite the fact that I'd practically lived in Idris my entire life, I don't think I could ever get used to the beauty of it. Isabelle came to stand beside me, stretching her arms out and yawning. "I am never waking up this early ever again," she vowed.

I adjusted the strap of my bag. "Suck it up, cupcake. It's not that bad."

She gaped at me. "Not that bad? It's worse than bad! It's-it's-" She looked around as if something would pop out and give her the word.

"Wretchedly vile?" I suggested, being the caring person I am. 

"Yes! Wait, no, that's not the word-"

"Come on you two, let's go," Alec called from beside Magnus who was walking away with everybody else

We dashed forward to catch up before slowing down and falling into step behind them. Everybody from our group walked silently, not acknowledging the presence of the other shadowhunters we came across. 

The atmosphere surrounding us was tense, the calm before the storm. Our movements were rigid, solder-like. You would have thought that we were robots if looked upon from afar. It wasn't long before we reached a small cottage. Jocelyn walked forward and knocked on the door repeatedly before stepping back. 

The door opened and a young man who looked to be in his mid-twenties opened the door. "Yes?" He asked. "Can I help you?"

"Yes, we're here for the horses," Jocelyn said. His eyes lit up in understanding and he stepped outside. He began walking towards the fence door and we followed. Unlocking it, he shoved the door open. He speed-walked over to what resembled a barn.

"Dude, why do you have a barn in your backyard?" Ryan questioned.

The guy turned around, taking Ryan in with annoyance. "Dude, why do you have a bird making a nest in your hair?" He mocked.

Ryan cautiously ran a hand over his carefully gelled hair before shooting the man an offended glare. "Don't insult the hair." Needless to say, Ryan was obsessed with his hair.

The guy rolled his eyes as he turned around and threw open the barn doors. He disappeared inside for a moment before returning with 2 horses. He handed the reigns of one to Jocelyn and another to Jace before disappearing in it once again. He brought out 2 more horses once again, giving one to Magnus and another to Isabelle. This continued until everybody but Simon, Luke, Alec, and me had one. 

"You all will have to pair up on the horses except for one person," he informed us. Simon went to Isabelle, Luke wen't to Jocelyn, Alec went to Magnus. I made a move to go to Jace, but Ryan's voice stopped me. 

"Clary, you can ride with me," he said. Could I act as if I hadn't heard him? No, he'd probably seen me stop.

I turned around and threw him a hesitant smile. "I was thinking that you should, umm, get to know your horse, uhh, alone."

He gave me a deadpanned stare. "Terry and I are well-acquainted. You don't have to worry about that." 

"But," I looked around in hopes of finding an excuse. My eyes landed on its wagging tail. "-it looks as if your horse needs to poop and I doubt sitting on it would help its problem. I don't think you want to ride it while it's taking a crap."

Ryan rolled his eyes. "Just cause his tail is wagging doesn't mean he has to take a crap. Now, if you're done making shitty excuses, get on."

But, since when did I, Clarissa the Great, take orders from a crap-ass flirt? The answer? Never. 

I let out a gasp and squealed, frantically jabbing my hand at his perfect hair. Keep the word perfect in mind. "A bird just crapped in your hair!" I exclaimed.

"What? I didn't feel anything," he said, but I could detect the building panic in his voice. 

"Maybe because of that unhealthy amount of gel in your hair?" The barn guy mumbled.

I choked back a laugh as I ran to Jace who had been stroking his horse's mane. "You couldn't have saved me?" I asked when I was beside him. 

He turned to me, his eyes glittering with anger. "I didn't want to be the reason for someone's untimely death."

My eyebrows shot up in surprise at his threat. "Well, you won't have to as I have made my great getaway," I proclaimed proudly.

He snorted. "Right. That's why there's a raging bull headed for us, or more specifically, you." I turned around in time to see Ryan stomping towards us with hooded eyes.

"Ah, crap," I muttered. "Thanks for giving us the horses," I called to the barn guy whose name I still didn't know. I quickly took the reigns from Jace's hands walking my horse to the front. I made it to the front without being caught by him and stopped my horse where the others were. 

Jace quickly appeared beside, pulling himself up. He reached down to give me a hand, but I batted it away, pulling myself up behind him with ease. "It wouldn't kill you to accept help, you know?"

"I know, but if I did, I might just have to kill you," I stated as he began nudging our horse forward.

"That makes no sense." 

I sighed. "Of-"

Another horse began trotting beside us. Guess who the rider was? If you said Santa, you're wrong. Unfortunately. It was the Grim Reaper, or as you more commonly know him as, Ryan.

"It's mean to ditch somebody, Clary," he said.

I sighed and finally Jace stepped in. "Leave my girlfriend alone or you won't live to gel your hair ever again. Got it?" He didn't wait for a reply, choosing to speed up and leave Ryan in the dust instead.

As our speed increased, I tightened my hold around his stomach, feeling all his contours against my arms. "Thanks for stepping in, even if it did take you a while."

I heard him snort above the pounding of hoofs. "Believe me Angel, I wanted to a long time ago, but I didn't want to cause an unnecessary bloodbath since we're already heading into one."

"Thanks for being so considerate, " I mumbled, slightly sarcastic, slightly depressed. Going into war did that to you. I leaned my head against his back, closing my eyes, letting his musky scent sooth me.

____________________________________________________________

I know I'm a horrible person for not updating for so long, but it has came... eventually. This is only part 1 as I wanted to give you all something to read for the time-being. That's all I guess. :)

Please vote and comment.

Not edited, nor is it read over, as usual.