Kiss

I know you guys don't even read what I say, so read on..

Not edited

Clary Pov

"Ahhh!" I screamed, looking at the blonde demon who was hovering above me.

He covered my mouth and glared at me. "Shush," he hushed.

I pulled his hand off my mouth. "What are you doing in my room?"

His glare which had disappeared momentarily returned with 10 times the ferocity. "Didn't I tell you that you had to stay with me?"

"You might have mentioned something like that.."

He rolled his eyes. "We'll talk about sleeping arrangements later, but right now, you have to come with me."

I stared at him in bewilderment.

"Right now." He added.

When I made no move to get up, he huffed in exasperation and pulled me up. He tried tugging me off the bed, but I didn't budge.

"Don't make me carry you," he threatened.

I crossed my arms in a silent challenge.

"You asked for it," he huffed.

He scooped me up in his arms, bridal style. I yelped and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling myself higher. I looked down and yelped again. I was way too high off the ground. I buried my face into his neck.

He chuckled. "Who knew the badass shadowhunter would be scared of being carried?"

"You wanna trade spots?"

"As strong as you think you are, I don't think you could lift me."

"Are you calling yourself fat? I'm not objecting to that opinion. Wait no, fact."

He raised his eyebrows. "Are you really gonna go there?"

"Already have." I smirked. I pulled back, relaxing slightly.

"When we get there, I'll show you." His eyes glittered in expectation.

"And where is 'there'?" 

"I'll tell you when we get there," was his response.

"Now, I'm not saying I'm like all those girls who say they hate surprises because I quite like them, but when a random boy is carrying me to god knows where, I get cautious."

"Do you honestly consider me some random boy?" From all I said, is that all he got?

"And if I do?"

"Then we'll just have to change random into well acquainted, and I do mean well.

"Are you flirting with me?" I asked incredulously, fighting the butterflies I got when I thought he might like me that way.

"Clary, when a boy flirts with you, you don't point it out. You play along. Just some advice for the future when I do this again."

"I'll keep that in mind when I'm with Ryan." I have no idea where that came from. I just wanted to see what kind of reaction I would get from him.

And reaction I got. His grip on me tightened and his eyes darkened. They didn't turn black like those of werewolves, but you get the jist.

"I thought we settled that you wouldn't be getting it on with some other boy?"

"No, we never did such a thing. All I remember is that you've gotten all protective of me since I came back. And I've only been back for 2 days!"