13. Falling

Chapter 13: Falling

Noah's POV:

I just couldn't sleep, I can't believe what that jerk did to her, I mean come on, who would do that to such a beautiful, independent woman?

Jeez Noah, you're sounding like a love sick sap.

But it wasn't just that, I'd actually had a really good day with her today, she's actually fun, I mean most girls I know only care about there make up and fat free diets, but Melissa was actually real, she doesn't care about stuff like that, she's care free and she lives how she wants to and I've never met anyone quite like her.

I felt Mel move next to me and she then rolled over to face me, it took her a split second but she then glanced when she noticed me staring back at her she gasped and I chuckled

"Did I scare ya?" I whispered to her.

"A little," she blushed a bit in the darkness and I tried to be quiet as I laughed.

"You scare easily," I chuckled quietly.

"That's not funny," she said as her face burned even more, such a lovely colour they turn.

"Why are you up?" I then asked her.

"Couldn't sleep," she smiled a little as if I'd missed the joke but I didn't bother to ask.

"Me either," I murmured with a smile.

I saw her shiver with the cool breeze that blow around the room from Peter's damn open window, even I was chilly from the cold air.

"C'mon," I whispered with my arms open, inviting her in for a cuddle to keep her warm, feeling kinda giddy at the though of her in my arms. She hesitantly moved over into my arms and I shivered a the touch, not only did her cold skin burn against my hot body, it was also the burn I felt whenever she touched me, I wrapped my arms protectively around her and hugged her tightly.

"Damn Mel, you're freezing," I whispered into her ear.

"It's all Peter's fault," she accused, which she wasn't wrong. The bugger loved sleeping with it open. Even if it meant the rest of us freeze to death.

I chuckled, "Come on, get some sleep," I muttered as I rubbed her arms.

She moved close to me as she got comfy and as she started to drift her breathing slow a bit and and she went more limp in my arms, then she said something that if I wasn't listening I'd miss.

"I think I'm falling for you, Noah Prior," she murmured.

I lay still taking in what she had just said, did I actually hear that? Did she really mean it?

You over think things, I thought to myself.

So I whispered, "I think I'm falling for you too,"

I know it's short but I wanted this one to be short but sweet, showing a bit of what happens in Noah's brain.

Follow Like Comment

Love2wright xx