7. Underestimated

Chapter 7: Underestimated

When my mum and dad died they left me a whole lot of money. I usually liked to save up for things like a house for when I finished collage, but when I left New York too move up here, I sold most of my stuff and the money I got from that paid for my plane ticket and now I really needed to get some stuff for this room! I mean I was going to be living in here for 3 years! So I decided that it would be okay for me to take out a little bit of my parents money for that.

Tomorrow would be my second week after my move. This was the best time to go shopping. Long weekend, nothing to do, no work to finish, the only problem was that I had no one to take me.

Britney, who was one of the girls I was friends with, had gone away for the long weekend to Hawaii and had taken most of the other girls with her. She had invited me, but I couldn't because I didn't have that sort of money to pay for it. So that was all the girls I knew that could take me.

Even Aunt Sandra had gone away to visit friends in Seattle. So now I was stuck here with no one to take me and I defiantly had no idea how to get to the closest mall and I wasn't going to try, with my sense of direction.

So now I was in my dorm sitting on my bed going over some old notes. After the paper plane throwing incident with Noah, I tried to focus on my work in class instead of all his stupid nonsense.

I looked up from my notes, my brain feeling very sore, and looked around my room. There really was a fine line from the girls to the boys one. But no one was in this room, they where all on vacation I assumed. I looked over to the boys side to where photos were hung on the wall. I hit up and walked over to examine them more closely.

The first picture I looked at was of a black car. It really was a beautiful car in my opinion, the second was a picture of Noah and his dad when they were younger. Pretty cute if I do say so myself, he looked so young and innocent. I wouldn't of recognised it as him if it weren't for his dad. His dad hasn't changed much since then, apart from the grey hair.

"Seems strange to have a photo of my old man up there, especially since I don't get along with him eh?" A husky voice commented form behind me.

I didn't have ti turn around to know who it was, and I merely shrugged, "You look happy there," I comment.

"That was a long time ago. When dad didn't expect anything from me and I actually looked up to him," He mused quietly.

"And you don't now?" I asked, love owing over to him as he gazed at the picture.

"There's not much to look up too anymore. He's just a grumpy old man," he said.

I looked at him sadly for a moment before I turned back around to look at the many photos in the wall, one in particular of him standing next to a black sports car.

"Do you like any of those cars?" he asked curiously, and I felt his gaze shift to my face.

"There are some pretty nice ones up there. Gotta love a fast car," I joked as Noah's eyes went wide and his mouth made the shape of and 'O'.

"What?" I said self-consciously, smiling a bit.

"You like fast cars? You? The nerd!" He asked, surprised.

I shrugged, "Depends on how fast I guess,"

"Which one is your favourite?" he questioned raising a brow while pointing at the wall.

"The Lamborghini Gallardo," I said pointing at the pretty silver car, "a sports car designed by Luc Donckerwolke and Giorgetto Giugiaro," I said, flaunting my expertise on that one in particular that I would know anywhere.