Ch. 45 - Renewal

Hope POV

Today is the day that Kelley and I are renewing our vows. Everyone but the girls know because we wanted to surprise them. All of the team knows and everyone is staying an extra day to see us renew our vows. We decided to do it in St. Louis instead of Portland so Kelley's family wouldn't have to travel as far.

Only Kelley's mom Karen and her sister Erin are able to come and only my mom Judy is able to attend. We are having the ceremony in a place called Forest Park. We're going to do it in front of their Pagoda. We were going to perform the ceremony underneath it, but it requires a boat to get out there and the stage wouldn't be big enough for the whole team plus family.

Ashlyn and Ali offered to go pick up our family from the airport so Kelley and I could get ready. We wanted to do all of the same things you do at a normal wedding since we didn't really get to experience that the first time around.

We had a family meeting in our room because we decided it was time to tell the girls. We also had Carli and Alex come in because they are going to help us get ready.

Kelley POV

The girls came into the room where Hope, Carli, Alex and myself already were waiting for them along with two dresses laid out on the bed.

Both girls came over to us before asking what's going on.

"Well girls, Mama and I are renewing our vows today." Hope told them.

Charlie smiled, "Really? That's awesome!" Liv nodded in agreement.

"We were hoping you'd say that. Ashlyn and Ali are on their way to pick up a few family members, but we needed to ask you both a question." I told them next.

After they both asked what was our question, Hope took the lead again. "Well... Carli has already agreed to be one of my bridesmaids, and Alex has agreed to be one of Mama's bridesmaids. So we were hoping that you would be our maid of honors?"

Both girls mouths dropped simultaneously. "Who do we stand next to?" Liv asked quietly.

I smiled, "Well kiddo, it's up to both of you, but I was hoping you could stand next to me and Charlie could stand next to Mom?" They both smiled brightly and nodded their heads before jumping up and down in excitement.

I shooed Liv and Alex out of the door before pressing a quick kiss to Hope's lips. "I'll see you in a few hours babe." She kissed back and smiled before I left the room.

I handed Liv and Alex their matching dresses and shushed all of their questioning thoughts about how I got these dresses here. They got dressed quickly and afterwards I helped Liv with her hair while Alex did her makeup.

Olivia and Alex's Bridesmaid Dress - Purple

After Alex and Olivia were ready, they helped me get ready, which took quite more time compared to them, but eventually we were all ready and were heading out to go to Forest Park.