Ch. 30 - Roadtrip

Charlotte POV

It's been a few days since Becky arrived and we are back to being a happy couple, it's now the day of the move so everyone is up bright and early. Well except me and Becky. Becky was still asleep and I was cuddled into her with our fronts facing. I scooted in closer and snuggled my face into her neck. She unconsciously pulled me in tighter and I sighed.

Our peaceful morning was quickly ruined by none other than my sister and Lindsey who arrived yesterday to drive Liv down. They both jumped onto the bed landing on us while yelling. Becky had been sound asleep, but when they jumped onto us she had sat straight up and tried to push me behind her.

"Damn Becky, you don't need to be so protective of your girl!" Lindsey said real loud causing Liv to crack up. Becky had been quite literally trying to shield me with her body. Becky turned around blushing before giving me a shy smile.

I leaned up to her and pushed my lips onto hers, "I think it's sweet what you did," I said loud enough for them to hear before moving over to her ear so only she heard, "We can get them back later."

She gave me an evil grin before reconnecting our lips causing both girls to yell at us before leaving the room.

Once Lindsey and Liv were gone, Becky sat me in her lap so I was straddling her legs. I had one arm hanging over her shoulder while my other hand was around the back of her neck with my thumb on her cheek. Both of her arms were wrapped around my waist.

"I'm so glad you're here Becks," I said quietly.

"No place I'd rather be Char," She said just as quietly before pulling me closer to her and pressing a soft kiss on my lips.

We pulled back and I started giggling causing her to ask what I was laughing at. "We are one of those cheesy couples aren't we?" I barely managed out between the giggles.

"Yes we are!" She said before flipping me onto my back and started tickling me. I was dying of laughter and couldn't breath.

"Be-ck-y s-stop!" I said while laughing hysterically. She finally let up from the tickles before pulling me back up.

"Come on, we better get dressed so we can get on the road." Becky said with one final peck.

Olivia POV

"Hey mom, hey mama," I said while giving them hugs this morning after walking downstairs.

"Morning baby, how did you sleep?" Mom asked and I told her good.

"Good, is your car packed?" Mama asked.

"Yes, it's been packed since last night Mama." I said with a little eye roll and mama stuck her tongue out in return.

"Alright children enough. Lindsey, grab something to eat," Mom told her.

Lindsey grabbed a donut that mama picked up this morning, "Thanks Hope!"

"Hey! I bought them!" Mama yelled defensively making us all chuckle.

"But you didn't offer one, Mom did." I said and Mom agreed with me.

Becky and Charlie finally came down to the kitchen and greeted everyone.

"Hey mom, hey mama," Char said while hugging both of them.

"Morning baby, how did you sleep?" Mom asked and Charlie told her good.

"Good, is your car packed?" Mama asked.

"Yes, it's been packed since last night Mama." She said with a little eye roll and mama stuck her tongue out in return.

"Alright children enough. Becky, grab something to eat," Mom told her.

Becky grabbed a donut that mama picked up this morning, "Thanks Hope!"

"Hey! I bought them!" Mama yelled defensively making us all chuckle.

"Holy fuck! Talk about deja vu!" I said causing Mom threw a hand towel at me and yell "Language missy!"

I shrugged in return before we all headed out to our cars. Since all four of us have SUVs, we didn't need to get a moving truck or anything, everything is just very packed into all of the cars. Moms are driving separately in their cars, Lindsey is driving my car with me, and Becky is driving Charlie's car with her.

Lindsey and I have been on the road for about an hour not talking about anything really serious and jamming out to some music. I decided to bring up a topic that I didn't know how it would go.

"Hey Linds?" She hummed at me, so I continued. "Do you know how Mal is doing?"

Lindsey and her were best friends, but she was really close with Morgan as well. "She's doing better. I talk to her every once in awhile, and she's in therapy. She feels really bad for all she did to you, which she should. Everything she did was unacceptable. Why do you ask?"

I sighed, "I know you guys are best friends and she was a great player for the national team. I know I shouldn't, but I feel bad. I could have dealt with it, I mean I dealt with my dad for 3 or so years, I could have dealt with her longer. I guess it just scared me, especially when she hit me. It felt like how it started out with dad."

Lindsey reached over and grabbed my hand, "You have nothing to be sorry for. She's the one who is at fault. She knows that, I know that, the whole team knows that. No one should have to deal with being in an abusive relationship. Trust me, once I found out what she did I went off on her."

"You did?" I asked shocked that Mal's best friend would defend me.

"Of course I did! She may be my best friend, but I called her out on her shit. She knows I am still kind of mad at her and she knows she has a lot of relationships to rebuild when she comes back."

I nodded to her response, but Lindsey continued, "So... How are you and Morgan doing?"

I blushed, "We're just friends. I'm not ready for anything like that. I want to work on myself before I jump into a relationship."

She nodded, "I understand that, you've been through a lot. Just know, Morgan really cares about you. So when you are ready you should tell her because I think she feels the same way." I told her I would, but the idea makes me really happy.