Ch. 15 - Truth Comes Out

*This chapter has mentions of rape and some other triggering shit, so you're warned.*

Charlotte POV

It's the next morning when I wake up, which means I have to talk to Moms about what happened. Mom must have also put me back into my bed because I know I fell asleep in hers.

I'm sitting up in my bed mulling things over when Hope comes in.

"Hi sweetheart, how's your arm?"

"Hi mom, it's okay. I'm nervous for surgery."

After I said that, she takes a seat next to me on my bed and grabs one of my hands.

"I know this family is new for you and Livie, and that it's been awhile since you guys have had an actual family."

I looked up at her and my eyes were already watering. What I did yesterday was real shitty.

"I was absolutely terrified for you Char. I didn't know what was going on or who you were with. I didn't even know if you left on your own accord!"

The tears started falling, I've never seen her look so vulnerable. "I know, I'm so sorry Mom!"

"I know you are baby, but you broke a rule Mama and I had in place for your safety. Do you remember what it was?"

I nod my head because I do remember, I just wasn't thinking. "It was to never go somewhere without telling you guys and having someone from the team or you or mama with us."

She nodded her head and looked like she was thinking something over. I pulled away quickly. I broke a rule, I'm going to get punished.

"Sweetheart?" Mom questioned me with concern all over her face.

I jumped out of bed and ran into the corner. "Please, I know I was bad, just please don't hurt me." I sobbed out to her.

"Char, you know I would never hurt you," she tried to reason with me.

I don't know why I was acting this way. Hope and Kelley have done nothing but show us love and support. But as soon as I fully realized I broke a rule, I just freaked out remembering father. I didn't want them to ever be like him.

Mom tried to touch my shoulder but when I flinched she pulled back. There were tears in her eyes, but I just couldn't reach out to her no matter how badly I wanted to.

"I'll go get Livie, okay hunny? I love you, and I promise me nor Kelley would ever harm you or Liv."

I nod my head because that's all I can do with tears streaming down my face.

Mom left and Liv came rushing into the room.

"Charlie? Mom asked me to come in here, but she was crying so she didn't tell me why."

She called out, I guess she hadn't seen me. She walked around my bed and then finally saw me in the corner.

"Oh Char," she said before she came over to the corner and sat down next to me.

"I need you to calm down. I cannot help you like this."

I cried into her shoulder for a minute before collecting myself.

"I really messed up Livie."

She gave me a side hug before asking how.

"Mom and I were talking about my fuck up yesterday. When I realized I had broke a rule, I completely flipped out. I couldn't stop it, I just kept remembering what happened with father."

I had to stop and take a deep breath, but Liv waited for me to continue.

"I know Hope is not father, neither is Kelley. I know they would never do anything like that. So when I fled the bed and flinched away from Mom, it's not because I was fully afraid of her being like that."