Ch. 5 - Conversations and Training

Hope POV

"Girls, we need to have a conversation." They both look at me with fear in their eyes so I quickly grab both hands and rub the backs of them. "It's nothing bad, I promise. We just need to talk about what happened this morning." When both girls let out a breath, I began again.

"We don't want to be too controlling since you don't know us and you are use to taking care of yourselves, but you have us now, you don't have to worry about caring for yourselves and each other, that is what we are here for. I know it's going to take you guys a little while to trust us, but we need you to try, okay? I know we have to earn both of your trust and we are going to work very hard to gain it."

Kelley took over now, "We are only going to ask for a few things for the time being, mostly for your safety. First thing is if you are leaving the room to either go hang out in one of the girl's room or to breakfast, we need you either to let us know, even if you are waking us up..." Liv spoke up, "but we always get up early for breakfast, I don't want to wake you guys up early every morning."

I spoke up this time, "Well, that is also one of the things that will be changing. We want you both to wait and go down to breakfast with us," you could see they wanted to protest, but I quickly began again, "We want you with us because you both are going to start a new food plan to make sure you are getting the proper nutrients. So either Kelley, Dawn the trainer, or myself will be checking your plates to make sure you are getting enough and of the right stuff. Is that okay?"

Charlie spoke finally, "Yes that's fine. First time we've ever been allowed to sleep in before." Nodding, I started again, "You will not leave this hotel or the house when we get home without getting permission and having someone from the team with you. This is only for your protection. You are both going to be seen with the team from here on out and will be recognized which can be dangerous."

"Finally, the last thing is, do you want to go to school in Washington and join the school soccer team or do you want to be homeschooled and practice with our teams?" Kelley asked the girls.

"HOMESCHOOLED!!" Both girls yelled. Chuckling, "Inside voices girls, I swear you guys are as bad as Squirrel." "HEY!" all three girls yell at me and I couldn't help but laugh even harder.  "Okay, okay, that's completely fine. If anything, that'll make it easier on all of us when we travel. Anyways, we need to get ready for practice before bonding tonight."

Charlotte POV

We all got ready for training before heading down to the bus that will take us down to the stadium. On the bus I went to sit next to Hope, but was grabbed by Ash. I saw then that Ali grabbed Liv. Kelley noticing neither of us were next to Hope, she did a little squeal before jumping onto Hope who grunted. "Fuck you Krashlyn, y'all know how hyper Squirrel is before practice."

Ash and Ali both crack up before I ask, "Who's Krashlyn?" Catching her breath, Ash answers, "It's our ship name that fans gave us before they even knew we were a couple." Nodding, Ali then started a conversation between the four of us and before I knew it, we were at the stadium.

Practice went really well. I got to work with keepers and Liv with the defenders before we started some games and we played 6x6.

It was split up pretty easily;

Blue Team
    Keeper - Hope
    Defenders - Kelley & Crystal
    Midfielders - Sam & Allie
    Forwards - Tobin
Red Team
    Keeper - Alyssa
    Defenders - Abby & Becky
    Midfielders - Rose & Morgan
    Forwards - Alex
Yellow Team
    Keeper - Ashlyn
    Defenders - Ali & Emily
    Midfielders - Lindsey
    Forwards - Megan & Mallory
Green Team
    Keeper - Charlotte
    Defenders - Olivia & Heather
    Midfielders - Julie
    Forwards - Carli & Christen

Green team played against the red team and won, whereas the blue team played the yellow team which resulted in the blue team winning. That means the green team plays the blue team next, also meaning Liv and I have to play against Hope and Kelley.

We play neck and neck for a little while because even though there are two amazing forwards on my team, Kelley is one of Hope's defenders and she defends her keeper like a personal bodyguard. Hope has made some decent saves but so have I. This game is dragging on and nobody has scored yet, so the coaches decide whichever team gets their first goal, wins.

Carli, who is mom's best friend and so ready to be done with this game from exhaustion, gets up to shoot into the net and knowing which way Hope was going, she nailed it in the opposite direction. Holy shit we just won. Green team runs towards Carli and pulls her into a giant hug.

The coaches decided after we won that winners get to choose the team bonding activity tonight. This ought to be fun, I can't wait for cool down and recovery to be over and start our team bonding night.