Ch. 19 - Practice Blues

Charlotte POV

We just arrived at the stadium and everyone heads to the locker room to get ready.

I on the other hand choose to head straight out to the pitch. There's no point in me being in the locker room if I'm not getting ready to play.

I'm sitting on one of the benches messing with my stupid sling when someone wraps their arms around my shoulder.

Knowing it's one of the girls I lean back into them. I don't really want to talk about my issues, but it's our team, they're always supportive.

I still hadn't turned around and the person finally spoke up.

"You okay cutie?" Oh my god it was Becky.

Now I really didn't want to turn around because I was blushing profusely, so I go with a nod.

Becky wasn't happy with that answer and jumped over the backside of the bench.

I finally looked over to her and saw she had a slight frown on her face.

"I know you're not," she said, "will you tell me what's going on in that beautiful head of yours?"

I sighed and laid my head on her shoulder.

"I've never not played before. Even when I was extremely hurt I still played. Honestly I would be playing right now if it wasn't for the fact Moms would have a stroke."

Becky grabbed my hand that wasn't in the sling and rubbed the backside of it.

"I figured you still played whenever you were hurt. You're a fighter. But it's good that they're making you sit this out, it'll only get worse if you never let it heal." She reasoned with me.

"I know, you're right. After practice will you at least pass the ball around with me?" I tried to compromise with her.

She rolled her eyes but did go along with the deal.

Practice was normal, everybody kicked ass as always. When the girls started heading into the locker room I noticed Becky hung towards the back of the group until everyone was gone.

We ran off to the side and started kicking the ball back and forth chatting about anything and everything. 

Becks kicked the ball a little wide so I decided to dive for it forgetting one of my arms was in a sling.

I landed right on it and hissed in pain.

"CHARLIE!" Becks yelled as she slid down next to me.

"Oh my god are you okay? Do you need Hope or Kelley?"

I sat up slowly and just sat there for a solid minute before I asked her, "Will you just help me up? I don't want Moms to know about this. I'm fine."

Becks gave me an unsure look before finally helping me up. Unfortunately for me, Mom walked out just as Becky was helping me up.

Hope POV

We all went back to the locker room after practice, but when we were getting ready to load up onto the bus I noticed Charlie and Becky were missing, so I went back to the pitch to look for them.

As I make it out there I see Becky helping Charlie up off the ground and I immediately take off towards them.

"Charlie! What happened?! Are you okay?" I ask as soon as I get over to them.

"I'm fine mom." She said with a little wince.

I raised an eyebrow at her and she just looked towards the ground.