Prologue

My name is Charlotte Amelia Brookes and I was born October 12, 2005. I am 15 years old and a sophomore, I have a twin sister named Olivia Maureen Brookes, and we both play on our high schools varsity soccer team. I play keeper, which I think is funny because my idol and favorite player is Hope Solo who is also a keeper and we share the same middle name! I hope to play at the collegiate level and maybe even go pro, but right now, I just have to make it through each day alive and protect my sister.

My name is Olivia Maureen Brookes and I was born October 12, 2005. I am a sophomore and 15 years old and unfortunately born 2 minutes after my twin sister Charlotte making her the older twin. My sister's name is Charlotte Amelia Brookes and we both play on our varsity soccer team at our high school. Similar to my sisters future plans, I'd like to play at the collegiate level before going pro. My favorite player is Kelley O'Hara, she plays defense just like me, and we share a middle name! Charlotte really does her best to take care of me, she has always had a sense to protect me, but we both face the daily beatings. We only have a couple more years until we are free, just have to hold on a little longer.