Chapter Six

Stiles POV

Lydia and Isaac came over after school. I didn't really want them to be here to meet Magnus and Raphael, but they insisted on coming anyway.

"Alright guys now before they come I have to let you know that..." I was cut off by being thrown into a wall. That's weird. Portals don't do that. I looked behind me to see Magnus and Raphael step out. We had already blacked out the curtains and everything so that he could actually stand in here without being burned to death.

"How did that happen. Portals don't typically throw people across the room?" I asked announcing my precense to the two downworlders standing before me. I smiled and went in for a hug. Raphael seemed tense and didn't return the hug. I pulled back cautiously and stepped away.

"Um. Raph are you okay?" I was concerned. He never turned down one of my hugs. We had been friends since I was like 11 years old.

"Magnus. Who is this kid?" Okay that hurt. I could already start to feel the tears pricking at my eyes. I started to slowly back away further until I heard Raphael start to break out in laughter.

"I'm just kidding Stiles. How could I forget you? You're my best buddy." He then hugged me. Magnus was surprised even though he had known me just as long. Did Raphael not hug people back in New York. Magnus was about to say something when suddenly Alec barged in.

"Magnus. How could you not tell me that you knew my little brother?" There was a lot of tension there. What exactly was going on?

"It never came up. And you didn't ask me if I knew him now did you?" He asked crossing his arms with one eyebrow arched. Alec had lost.

"Ooh. Sorry big bro but Magnus just beat you. You lost." I stated as I laughed. Then one by one the rest of the group started to pile in. The rest being Jace, Izzy, Simon, Clary, and Allison. Lydia and Isaac were already in here with me. After a while the room was pretty crowded. I mean this bedroom is not meant to house 11 people.

"Wait hang on. How do you guys know each other?" They both looked awkward at the tension, but Alec answered me anyway.

"We are sort of together." Alec shrunk back a little bit probably scared of what I would think. That I would shun him.

"If you're thinking I'm not going to accept you then you are crazy. I came from a world of unacceptance. I would never put that feeling on someone else." I smiled and he returned it.

"Okay now why are we here?" Of course Raphael had to ask the obvious question.

"Demons. Big threat. Nothing that isn't normal in this town." Allison, Lydia, and Isaac laughed, but the rest of them just looked confused.

"This happens a lot here?" Izzy asked concerned.

"Yeah pretty much. Alpha werewolves, alpha packs, a Darach. I got possessed by an ancient Japanese fox sprit, Berserkers, were-jaguars, Chimera's, the Deadpool, the mute, Wendigo's, a beast, and a guy that could turn you to stone just by looking at you. I might've missed a couple. Oh wait. Back in Softmore year there was a Kanima and your crazy grandfather." I looked at Allison for the last one. She laughed but made a straight face.

"You were possessed?" Alec asked cautiously.

"Really I just said more than a dozen things and that's what you got from that?" I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"Okay back to the point. We have an incredibly powerful demon residing in Beacon Hills currently. Our job is to take it down because the McCall pack can't. We will obviously do this at night so that Raphael can help. We will discuss positions once we know more about the situation. We can discuss groups though. I will go with Alec and Jace. Allison you go with Raphael and Izzy. Magnus you can go with Lydia, Isaac, and Clary. And Simon you can come with me. Everyone cool. Good. Now I have homework to do." I stated as I left the room. Wow that felt good. Haven't barked orders at people in a long time. Guess it runs in the Lightwood blood.

I went into the living room and grabbed my backpack. I then proceeded to start on my AP calculus homework. I know I may seem like an idiot, but my classes are pretty much all AP. I have AP calculus, Biology, Language Arts, and History. I also have AP art but that doesn't matter to anyone. I'm not very good though.

After about ten minutes the problems all started to looked like nothing but random numbers. I couldn't make sense of it so I traced my stamina rune. I have to get this done.

"Hey how are you doing?" I hadn't even noticed Lydia sit next to me. A smile was easily thrown her way.

"Why don't you take a break for a second?" She suggested. I looked up at her with a weird expression.

"Lydia I started like ten minutes ago. I can't take a break yet." I laughed and pushed her over. She looked at me like I was in for it and tackled me. We did that for a couple minutes until she was on top of me. Literally on top of me. I don't know what happened then but it felt like kind of a spark. It felt weird. This was a spark I had never felt before. Something completely new to me.

Then suddenly her lips were on mine, and the relationship I had waited years for finally clicked. I was actually kissing the Lydia Martin. And she was letting me. Without a restraining order. I have to admit that is pretty cool. I think she felt it too. When she pulled away she had a small smile on her face.

Oh yeah. This is definitely going to work.