Chapter Four

Stiles POV

So our plan wasn't really to prank them. It was to take their job. They like to protect Beacon Hills. Well we're going to beat them at their own game. It's not the same as hunting only demons, but it would have to do. Also I've been up against most of these creatures before so it's like...easier than my siblings would think.

We've already discovered a crap load of demons currently residing in Beacon Hills. Izzy's necklace pulses literally every five steps she takes. It's annoying but accurate.

Yesterday I didn't get a chance to go to the class that Jace was 'teaching' and that didn't make him very happy, so when I walked into his class his eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. Okay seriously how did I get him for a Math teacher. Alec would've been better at this, or even Izzy. Not Jace though.

The bell rang and Jace put on his fake glasses. I rolled my eyes. Why does he need to be so extra? He doesn't even need glasses.

"Good afternoon class. My name is Mr. Wayland and I am your teacher for the day. Now I am going to move some of you around. So don't fight with me. Just move. Okay?" The class nodded. Except me. I know what he was trying to do. He was going to separate the groups. We'll probably not mine, but definitely Scott's. There were only four of them in here anyway. Scott, Malia, Lydia, and Isaac. I don't know why, but I feel like Lydia isn't really on their side.

"Okay you,"Jace said as he walked up to Simon. He was sitting in the upper left hand corner of the classroom near the front,"you stay right there." Simon nodded and sunk back into his chair.

"Okay you. Crooked jaw come here," Scott got up flushed and moved to Jace at the front of the room,"I want you on the other side of the classroom right there." He explained as he pointed to the chair opposite of Simon. Scott nodded and moved to where Allison previously sat.

"Now you. Pretty brown hair come sit next to..what's your name?" He asked Simon.

"Simon Lewis." Simon spoke softly. Man they were good at this. The acting part of it I mean.

"Simon. Come sit next to Simon here." She nodded and sat in the seat that had previously sat Malia. He moved around pretty much every kid in the class before sitting down to admire his work. He had successfully moved me, Allison, Simon, and Clary into a little four square at the front while the McCall pack was spread across the room.

Lydia was the closest pack member to us and I honestly didn't mind it one bit. I even turned around and smiled at her which she returned. It was genuine you could tell. Just the way she smiled. I mean most people couldn't, but I had spent the last like 10 years researching Lydia Martin. I probably know things that she doesn't know about herself.  I know that sounds creepy but it's true. We honestly probably would've Sept staring at each other if Scott didn't yell at her and make her stop looking at me.

After the whole seat moving thing class was over so we all left and headed to the cafeteria. We managed to find an empty table that could fit the four of us and more if we wanted to. We sat down to eat our lunch when suddenly we were approached by two McCall pack members.

I looked up to see that those two members were none other than Lydia Martin and Isaac Lahey.

"Hey we were wondering if the two of us could eat lunch with you?" Lydia asked. I have to admit I was hesitant, but these two were my best friends out of the pack. Should I trust them?

"Depends. Are you here to spy on us for your alpha?" Allison asked. Dang it she beat me to it.

"No we actually just left the pack. We didn't want to be in a pack with an uptight narcissistic alpha crybaby that only wants power. Not caring how many of his friends he hurts along the way." Wow. Did that really just come out of Lydia's mouth. To be honest I wasn't expecting that.

"You guys can sit with us." I finally said ignoring Clary's worried glance. They sit down happily and suddenly we are all taking comfortably.

"So what did you think of the Science teacher this morning?" Lydia asks as she gets her flirty face on.

"Ew Lydia that's my brother." I say as I pretend to gag. Allison, Simon and Clary both laugh.

"Hang on. What? Now you have to explain." Isaac interrupted.

"Fine. I am a Shadowhunter from New York. My real name is Stiles Lightwood. Allison is my Parabatai which is a bond closer than pretty much anything. The math teacher's name is Jace Wayland and he is basically my brother. The science teacher's name is really Alec Lightwood and he is my older brother. The new assistant principal's name is actually Isabelle Lightwood but I call her Izzy and she's my older sister. This is Simon Lewis. He is a vampire and that's Clary Fray and she's a Shadowhunter like me. Any questions." They stared at me in shock. Clary and Simon looked like they were in the verge of laughter and Allison just looked surprise that I had gotten that much information out of my mouth in that amount of time.

"Just one." Isaac starts,"why did you come here and pretend to be human when obviously you aren't?" Okay that was actually a good question. If I am being honest I was expecting something like where are you from? Which I mentioned already.

"I had to leave,"I really don't talk about this much but I guess now it's time to come clean,"everything was just falling apart. My parents hated me and pretended I didn't exist. The clave was close to deruning me, and my straight up mental stability was nowhere to be found. If I had stayed there any longer I probably wouldn't be here sitting in front of you." I felt a tear roll down my cheek as I finished. I hadn't really talked or thought about any of this since I left. "When I left I had spent hours laying in my room wondering what I did wrong. How I could've fixed what I did. What I did to make my family hate me so much? It's a wonder that Allison was able to make me come out of my room. To be clear, I have never told anyone this. Not even Alec or Izzy. They don't know about anything I've been feeling. They think I'm still spastic teenager that you guys knew before all of this. So to answer your question...I left because I guess I needed a fresh start. If that answer is acceptable." I don't know why but I had to get up. Maybe I should tell one of my siblings. I can't lie to them anymore. Well technically I never really liked to them. I just didn't tell them the whole truth.

So I got up from the table and ran out of the lunchroom. I ran straight to Alec's classroom. Before I reached the door though I stopped and listened to the conversation. When I heard that it was nothing important I barged in to see Alec, Izzy, and Jace eating lunch.

"Yeah Stiles. Do you need something? We're kind of eating lunch." Woah. Wasn't expecting that from them.

"Oh. I'm sorry. I'll come back some other time. Didn't mean to bug you." I said as I turned to leave, but I felt a hand grab my shoulder. I turned to see Jace looking at me.

"I was just kidding man. Come on. Seriously what's up." I think he saw my face because he looked concerned.

"I haven't been very truthful with you guys." I said slowly. That got their attention as I sunk into myself scared of their reactions...