Chapter sixteen

Edna's POV
"He's mine isn't he?" Alexander's voice didn't sound angry or calm. Actually I didn't know how it sounded it was scary.
"I was going to tell you." I said quietly getting up from the bed and wrapping a robe around me.
"When was that going to be huh? Let me guess, never?"
"Oh save me your victim speech Laurent" I said starting to get angry. He has no right whatsoever to be angry at me. "You're in no position to be getting on my moral high horse right now. Can I remind you of how we ended things those four years ago? I probably saved my son a lifetime of torture for being the son of the whore that tried to swindle money from the rich billionaire as child support."
"Edna, I would never do that."
"I think we can agree that I'd never believe anything you say." I tried my best to keep in the tears but it sounded in my voice. "Since you already know, I would hate for my baby to go through endless custody battles-"
"Edna,"
"I can't stop you from being in your son's life Alexander,"
"I am sorry you had to go through all you went through because of our breakup Edna-"
"-but it's my fault right? That's what you were going to say?"
"Edna," he got up from the bed and reached for my hand. "I am truly sorry."
"It doesn't matter what you say." I freed my hands from his hold and went to the bathroom, into the safety of the shower. My tears mixing with the warm water.
I don't understand him. As a matter of fact, I don't think I ever understood him. Our relationship survived as long as it did because of the thrill of it. An office affair. Who wouldn't want that. It wasn't his fault that I mistook his attention for anything more. But in the end, I didn't deserve to be treated the way I was.

ALEX
"Is Alex really my Daddy?" Peter's excited voice echoed through the dining room. Edna nodded her head smiling. It didn't quite reach her eyes but it was still beautiful. I was officially smitten. "Will he put me to bed and read me stories like the other daddies?"
"He's right here and yes, he'd do those things and more." I answered grabbing his attention. His face broke into a goofy grin.
"Will you live with Mommy and me forever and ever and ever?" He had a hopeful expression on his face. Behind him, Edna rolled her eyes in exasperation.
"Of course. Anything for you."
"Yay! Thank you Mommy!" I heard Edna mutter something as I watched Peter run off, probably to play with my dog. They've become very fond of each other, it was amusing.
"Is there a problem Edna?" I asked when I noticed her staring at me.
"Should there be one?" Why did she become so defensive all of a sudden?
"You were staring."
"Don't mind me hun, I was just trying to figure out how long it would take you this time."
"Excuse me?"
"The excitement of having a son."
"Is that what you think this is?" Her words were hurtful. But the emotion behind them were down right torture.
"What else is it? You're not fit to be a father to my baby Laurent and I'm waiting for you to realize that and kick us to the curb. It's your specialty afterwards." She stormed off and I let her. She was absolutely right and I knew it. I am just too selfish to let her go.

****
We are baaaaaaaaaack... kind of... we guess
Short chapter... We know, We are trying.
We are sincerely trying to update more and let us just say million thanks to our loyal readers. Two thousand reads... Yay!!

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and tell your friends of course.We are writing two books at a time so we keep getting distracted. Sorry.
So anywhoooo... tell us your thoughts. Is Ed overreacting? and what about big ol Lex? And don't you just love Pete? He's honestly the best kid in the world.

Again... comment, vote and follow.
Byeeeeee.