Chapter Nine

On getting out of the elevator leading to my office, Cole rushed up to meet me.
"Sir there are some men at your office requesting for you" He informed me.
"Did they tell you what they want" I asked.
"Not really, they told me they want to see you concerning the crime at the company two years ago" he replied.
"That's alright" I said waiving my right hand to show a sign of dismissal

I entered into the office and immediately recognized the faces standing before me, they were the men who helped me discover that Edna was the mole who put my company at great risk.
"Gentlemen you may sit down" I urged them as I also took my sit.
"I guess this is not a courtesy visit" I asked smiling to show my friendliness
"Not at all Mr Laurent" one of the men replied
"We are here to inform you on the recent development and findings concerning the conspiracy that occurred in your company" he said
I gave him a sign using my hand, urging him to go ahead with the information.
"Sir due to our recent findings, we have discovered that Miss Edna Johnson was framed by someone" he informed me

I sat down shell shocked as if I had heard I lost a close person. I started rubbing my head to show that I was confused by the news
"It can't be" I blurted out
"Sir I know this is really a bad news and that's why we decided to deliver it ourselves" he said as if that would make me feel any better
"It seems the person who framed her wanted us to think it was Miss Johnson that did it"
"We have been trying to trace the i.p address of the person involved but we can't at the moment but our I.t specialist is still working on it" he continued
"And what do you want me to do with this information, isn't it too late for this discovery" I said angrily

"We know Sir that is why we came to tell you to be careful with your employees at your company the criminal is still out there, who knows what harm he or she will cause next" he replied while the rest of crew including him stood up showing a gesture to take their leave.

I had nothing to say to them I felt guilt overwhelm me as I sat down
"Sir if you don't mind we have to take our leave" one of them informed me breaking my chain of thoughts
They left without receiving any reply from me.

****
How was I supposed to face Edna after all these things I have heard, it was like I had been hit with a car of which I could not recover from the injury caused by the car crash. Am I going to tell her the reason why she was thrown out of the office and embarrassed or the reason why she could not get a job after I fired her or the reason for the blackmail to marry me. And that the reason did not exist because she did not put to company in harms way.

"NO" I said in my head she would just hate me for taking everything from her and cancel the marriage and she can bring a suit against the company and I could not afford any of these things to happen. It was better she knows nothing about these if she finds out she was going to really hate me for ruining her opportunity of having a better life and for not believing her when she was telling the truth.
I needed the marriage to settle my issues over my inheritance and plus I was getting used to been around her and her son, whom I have developed a deep liking towards.

Who was I kidding she would find out soon enough and if not from me from another person and that would be worse it was better if the realizations came from me. Or so I thought
"What was I going to do about this situation?" I spoke to myself as if I was having a conversation with another person, I needed to act fast or pick a decision to tell her or not.
All I needed to do at that moment was weigh my options.