Epilogue

Edna

I sat on the picnic mat and watched Peter run around with the dog. As long as he doesn't let his pet come close to me, the picnic would be perfect. I took some pills for the allergy though. Just to be sure. It's been a rough couple of months after long trips to the hospital and court. Selena was finally put away for good and I could finally breathe. I deserved this picnic.

I felt him before he tapped on my shoulder. I was having the feeling that I could be in a room full of people and still sense his presence. We were finally together. All three of us. Against all odds. It felt too good to be true. He handed me a corn dog and I took a large bite. Definitely too good to be true.

"We should start heading home love, it's getting late." I didn't want to leave and I let him know as much. "We can come back tomorrow." I considered for a moment before finally nodding my head in agreement. I got up and scanned with my eyes for Peter. When I didn't see him dark hair or sign of the dog for that matter, I started to feel the panic I have spent months trying to drown.

"Hey, hey, hey," Alex called to me dragging me out of the episode that could have just occurred. "He's fine." He reassured. The dog came around me first and I was immediately grateful for the pills I took for the allergies. Peter came in running after him and I released a sigh I had no idea I was holding. He threw his tiny arms around me in a hug and Alexander joined in.

"I could never survive without you both." I said at last and I knew that there was nothing truer than that.

Authors Note
Thank you so much for reading 'What He Really Wants' it has been a wonderful journey with you guys. Expect more books from us soon.
Please show some love by purchasing our NFT

https://writersdorm.com/2022/08/11/broken-hearts/