Chapter Twenty-one

The early morning sun had started to penetrate through the window of the room I share with Alex and into my eyes, forcing me awake. In truth I hadn't gotten much sleep at all. I kept tossing and turning and crying, now I have raccoon eyes. I reached for a robe and   climbed out of bed and glanced at the clock. It was eight. I better get ready. I needed to find an apartment. I couldn't go back to my old apartment because Alex would come knocking the moment I lock my doors.  a lot to do today. I couldn't stand being in the same house as Alex, I might just end up killing him or worse. I walked into the shower cubicle in the bathroom. Turning the shower on full blast, I let the hot water pour down on my back, the scalding heat, doing nothing to melt the iciness in my body. I couldn't get my brain to stop reminding me of what all that happened yesterday and just like that, the waterworks started, tears mixing up with water till I didn't know the difference.

I got out of the shower to clean up, when I saw my phone buzz, it was a text from Alex, apologizing and making promises, asking me not to leave. I suppose he left earlier to avoid talking to me to my face. The coward.

So typical of Alex. Being selfish in every situation. If it were so easy to forgive, we wouldn't be were we were at this moment. He would have done the same thing for me when he was in my shoes.

                                   ******

Chris had already taken Peter to school. He never goes to school without having breakfast with me. I always made sure we saw each other every morning. I have not had time for him for so long and I feel really guilty. This is all Alex fault. When I finally leave this house, I'll make up for all of the time I've lost.

I went to the balcony to stare at the house one last time. I wish I could say I regret the times I spent here. Maybe I'd have felt better. I felt something prick me in the neck but when I reached for it, my entire world went black.

                                   ******

I woke up feeling cold and drowsy. I couldn't feel my limbs and the room which I was in was all dark except for a small light above my head. I rose my head when I felt a presence at the corner of the room, squinting to get a better view. It was useless. I struggled to come out of the ropes used to bind me to a wooden chair but what I got was the sound of wood against wood.

"Good, you're awake." I got even colder at the voice, it was Selena. She came closer as  if to see me up close. She smiled with delight, obviously enjoying seeing me helpless and defenseless.

"Let's make this easy shall we," she continued enjoying me struggle with the ropes. "I  am sure you remember me, because if you don't, I can gladly revamp your memory." She said.

"What do you want from me?" I said angrily. I honestly cannot deal with her and her pettiness right now. I was exhausted from yesterday and I just wanted to be out of here.

"I want you dead." she said looking at her nails. I would grab her neck if I can just reach. She talked about my life as if it was the weather. I couldn't stop the glare that I sent her way no matter how much I didn't want to show my emotion.

"You see Edna," now she was pacing round my chair, "your being alive has caused a lot of hiccups in my relationship with Alex and I am tired of you getting in my way." She stopped to my left.

"You must be crazy, you are mentally derailed," I said calmly, slowly flexing my wrist slowly to loosen the ropes.

"I am crazy love. I admit it. You made me that way after you came slithering back into Alexander's life after I successfully pushed you out." She smiled with too much teeth. She looked pathetic. "You just keep ruining my life because you just don't know how to let go. Which is why I'm going to help you out."

Successfully pushing me out? Did she cause all that drama at Alexander's company four years ago? I'm not really that surprise though. She has always been obsessed with Alex. Alex only just pretended to not notice and encouraged her entitlement.

"Alex won't let this slide." I said. He wouldn't, because as gloriously oblivious as Alex is, I have to believe that he would have a conscience.

"You still don't get it do you?" She chuckled. "Let me break it down for your pretty little head." She dragged another chair to my front. "Alex doesn't know you are here with me because he thinks you are house hunting or whatever. I left him a message telling him that. "when he doesn't find you, he would think you ran away from him for hurting you your fragile feelings. I would comfort him of course and then we would live happily ever after, with that cute sun of yours of course."

I lost all line of thought. Not Peter. Please not my baby. I couldn't let this monster near my son. I had to get out of here.

Alex POV

I tried to call Edna after seeing her message and I kept getting her voicemail . I just pray  she hasn't left the house yet, I sent her a text telling her to wait so we could have a proper conversation. Earlier this morning I got a call from call and so I went to the office. I did not want to leave but I had to. I needed to lock up Selena before she does anything crazy that I can't reverse. The private investigators I contacted were able to find incriminating evidence that could prove it was Selena who was the master mind behind everything at my company four year ago. I was overjoyed.

When I got home Edna was not in the house. Maybe she left already?

I went upstairs to the room we shared together. The doors to the room was wide open and so were the doors to the balcony. I saw her bag and the car keys on the bed. She couldn't have left without them. It hit me like a truck.

Selena.

Follow us on I.g⤵️

g⤵️