Chapter Six

EDNA'S POV
"Mum wake up" a familiar voice woke me up. "Yes peter what is it" I asked in a sleepy voice
"Today's Saturday remember" Peter informed me
Oh shit, I forgot with everything going on for the past few days, that Peter was going to see his nana(my adopted mother).

"Yes Peter I remember" I answered him
Confirming that Peter ran out of the room extremely delighted. Apart from Mrs Trent, another person Peter was very close to was my mum. Thinking about it, How will I tell her that I am getting married to the man who humiliated me years ago, leaving me with a child to take care of all by myself and of cause with the help of my mother who was suffering from cancer. Another reason I had to get a job as soon as possible after loosing the job at Alex 'es company. Mother was so fond of Peter, they acted like they could be siblings in another life.
I came down from my bed and tied my hair into a bun. Brushed my teeth and went downstairs to prepare breakfast before getting Peter and myself ready to see my mum. As I walked to the kitchen, I stood shocked at my position.

ALEX POV
After returning from my morning exercise I decided to go into the kitchen to get some water to drink from the refrigerator and that was when I bumped into a little being.
"Ouch! Ouch! Ouch" he screeched he looked like he was going to start crying
"Hey don't cry, I am sorry... I did not see you coming" I said trying to console him.
He bursted out laughing with his tiny little voice " I was joking with you" he said
And at that point I had to join him in laughing.

At the instance I remembered Edna saying she had a son, this must be the little boy... they had the same sense of humor. "I am Mr Laurent but you can call me Alex" I told him "and you must be Edna's son, what's the name?" I asked him
"My name is Peter" he answered
"What are you doing here all by yourself and where is your mother?" I questioned him
Just when he was about to reply, I looked up and saw Edna coming downstairs, it was obvious she just woke up from sleep with the way she looked. Damn even when she does not try to do anything she still looked sexy as hell. It was like a feeling of dejavu her coming down from the stairs.

Peter ran to meet her as she carried him up, "Mum I have met Alex, he is the owner of this magnificent house" he informed his mother
She smiled at him with a not so sincere grin I think she might not be happy seeing me with her son.
She dropped him down as he ran back up stairs.
"Seems like you have met my son" she asked
"Yeah, he is such a funny boy...he has a nice sense of humor" I told her
And she chuckled " yes very funny boy" she said smiling as if very proud of what she brought into the world.
"Alex" she called out my name while taking a bottle of water from the refrigerator

"Yes Edna" I answered.
"I don't want Peter to know I am getting married and I don't want to get him involved with this mess I got myself into"
I felt a little pain in me as she said it but she had a point, it was better to spare the innocent boy the pain from the mistakes of his mother.

"I agree with you" I said reassuring her, who is his father by the way. I asked her
"That's not your business to know" she said with hostility in her eyes.
I have got to admit it felt sad knowing she moved on so fast after everything that happened and the father of the child leaving her to care for the child alone.

Knowing Edna she might have hurt him too.