Chapter Thirteen

I came back fully drained from the exercise I just had. I went straight to the refrigerator to get myself a bottle of water to drink, when I saw Edna come in, fully dressed up like she was going for a meeting even with her blazer she still looked breathtaking, I needed to get rid of the awkwardness between us
"Hey"
"Hey" she said without looking at me, I felt the anger in her voice and so I needed to stop whatever was going on for the past weeks.
"Edna, I am sorry for my actions at the park that day we have been going strong as friends and I don't want to ruin that"
I said waiting for her reply
"It's alright" she said
"So let's call it a truce"
"Truce" she affirmed
We were going to be more than friends but I did not tell her yet, did not want to ruin the moment.
She left without saying anything else, it was obvious she was avoiding any form of conversation with me.

EDNA
I did not have time for Alexes truancy today I had things I needed to sought out with myself and he was the last thing on my mind but actually that was a lie, my mind keeps on replaying the mind blowing kiss. Sometimes I wish all these did not happen and I and Peter would go on with our lives as though Alex did not exist but he just had to destroy anything I have, typical Alex, but this time I am bulletproof he can't get to me again. Enough of that and back to me, today I was going to check for good spaces to start a restaurant, which has been my life long dream, I needed to figure my life out so that I won't have to depend on Alex when it was time to leave the house. I knew it was not going to be easy with Alexes domineering character but I had to find a way even if it was just getting the space, with time I would gradually get everything I need to start up.
As I walked into one of the buildings I saw on the internet, A voice welcomed me in
"good afternoon ma'am how may I help you"
"I am here concerning the advert I saw on your website for the sell of this building "
"Okay let me show you around" she said
I followed her and she showed me the in and out of the building it was beautiful and I loved it the price was good enough and she said I could pay up all the money in two years. I was so happy, I could not wait to have my own restaurant and to show Alex I could work for money and I was not a gold digger like he thought I was.
"All in due time Edna, all in due time", I say to myself.
* *. *
On my way back home I went to the grocery store to get some food items and I needed to check up on Tilda my friend, I felt like with everything going on I did not even care to check up on her.
"Hey stranger" I heard a familiar voice say as I entered the store, it was Tilda
I laughed because I knew she was mad at and once Tilda sees I am smiling her heart would just melt it was like I jazzed her with my smile, all she wanted was for me to be happy.
"I am sorry I have been MIA lately" I told her as I found a place to sit.
"What happened to you, it is so unlike you to just disappear into the blue without informing me"
"Many things Tilda, can you believe I am a married woman" I replied
"What!" She exclaimed
I told her everything from when Alex came to the store and made his stupid offer and also how I am getting a space for my new restaurant. She was angry with Alex and threatened to deal with him but mostly happy that I am finally going after my dream.
"Have you told Alex about Peter?" She asked
"No, and I am never going to after everything he did, I don't think I want Peter to go through what I went through" I said in defense
"I feel you should tell him, Peter deserves to grow up with a father" she said
"I am his father and his mother" I told her
"If you say so Edna" she said with all smiles
I knew all she want is the best for me and Peter but I don't think Alex is the best.