Chapter Seven

EDNA's POV
I could see Alex was angry at the reply to his questions. If only he knew he was the answer to his questions but it was better that Peter was kept secret from him, I would not want my son to be hurt by Alex when he finds out that Peter is his son and he denies Peter. "It was better nobody found out who the father of my child is" I said to myself.

***
On getting to my mother's house Peter ran to hug her when he saw her at the porch.
"Nana, nana, nana" Peter shouted when running to meet her. Mum was too weak to pick him up but she still did anyway.
"Nana we packed" Peter informed my mum
Oh shit, what was I going to tell her now, maybe I would be like "hey Mum I got married to the man that broke my heart and destroyed my reputation. But don't worry it's all good"
I stood still and started to feel sweat trickling down my face all of a sudden.
"What do you mean packed?" my mother asked Peter
"From the our little house to the very big house of a very funny man" Peter said cheerfully with his childish voice.
Mum dropped Peter and looked at me with a questionable look.

"Peter go into the house, nana and I will meet you...", Peter sped off to the house without letting me complete my sentence.
Immediately Peter went in Mum could not wait to ask
"What is Peter talking about" Mum asked sternly
I went over to the porch to meet her there and beckoned on her to sit, she refused stubbornly she wanted to know everything.
"Mum it is going to be a long discussion and we have to sit down" I demanded
She sat down and I too sat down with her.
I spilled everything to her, including the blackmail from Alex. Mum was furious, she felt sad she could not do anything especially with her being sick.
"Have you told him about Peter" Mum asked
"Hell no" I said in a loud voice
"that fool doesn't deserve to know anything about my precious boy, Peter is an angel and he doesn't need to know someone like Alex who cares about his wealth as his father, I am both his father and his mother" I told my mum angrily .
"If you say so, but Edna don't deny the man of knowing his son, he deserves to know" my mother informed me
"He is not partly to be blamed for what happened, two years ago all evidence pointed to you" she continued
"And he was supposed to trust that I did not do it, but he did anyway, moreover I did not know my dad and it was not really bad"
"And look at how that turned out" she said attacking my statement
" I don't want to tell him then he will come up with excuses like saying I am pinning a child on him anyway, I am just saving him the trouble and protecting Peter from being hurt" I said arm crossed on my chest as if I was protecting it from someone.
"If you say so but think about it Edna"
"Let's go inside and see what Peter is doing there" she said smiling at me

***
There was something off about Mum today I felt she was hiding something from me, but I did not want to pester her for information.
"I need to get some rest" she said interrupting my thoughts
She looked pale "let me take you to your room, then make dinner for you before I and Peter head home"
She nods in affirmation to what I said.
I took her to her room, she took her medication and laid on the bed
"Sleep Mum and have some rest, everything would be alright" I informed her

With that she zoned out.
After preparing dinner for her I and Peter went back home to continue my reality.