𝟷.𝟶𝟽

.

| CHAPTER SEVEN |
Unimpressed

" it's like we've known
each other for years. "

" i know i should smile,
but i couldn't. "

.

˛
》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 。* 。° 。* 。 • ˚《
˚

"Yo."

I whipped my head around and immediately smiled brightly. Killua stood there unbothered in the slightest, somehow making my day.

"Thank goodness." I muttered apparently loud enough for him to hear and tilt his head.

"I thought you didn't make it back," I said turning that large smile into a frown almost instantly.

"Are you kidding me? You and Gon ran off. I thought you both died!" He said annoyed, rolling his eyes.

"Huh? I thought you had died!" I exclaimed back before whispering, "I'm not sure what I would've done if you had."

My cheeks practically burnt into a tomato from realizing he had heard me.

"I-I'm sorry." I looked down and hit myself in the head because of my stupid actions. He chuckled and somehow made me feel at peace again.

I haven't known Killua long at all, and it takes me awhile to get close to people, but for some reason Killua and Gon just came; without me having to warm up to them. It's like we've known each other for years.

"Whatever. Let's get to Gon now, I wanna see how bad Leorio got beat. I saw Hisoka bringing him here from over his shoulder." He says with his calming voice. I nod in response and follow him.

I step beside Killua and head to Gon, Kurapika, and Leorio. Leorio didn't look good at all. Hisoka must have beaten him really badly, for him to look like, well... that.

"Gon." Killua and I walk up to Gon and Kurapika, who looks back at us.

"Killua, Y/N." Gon responds cheerfully.

"I was starting to think you weren't gonna make it here," Killua grins. "Or that you didn't make it at all."

"I just followed the trail of Leorios cologne." Gon replies as we all reach to a stop next to each other.

"You tracked his scent? That's how?" Killua looked surprised. "Man, Gon! You really are weird, aren't you?" His words made me let out a laugh, because I was thinking about the exact same.

"Excellent work, everyone!"

I turn around to see Satotz at the huge castle-like wall entrance.

"The Second Phase will take place here, in the Visca Forest Park. So, I shall now take my leave. I wish you all the very best of luck." He then walks away back into the forest, where many people have just died in. It made a chill rush down my spine. Just the thought of seeing all those dead or almost dead people scared me. Don't get me wrong, I don't even know those men. But if I had been next to them when they died and had heard them scream... I probably would've thrown up. No, worse, I would've fainted.