𝟸.𝟶𝟼

.

| CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT |
Success

" haha! suck on
that mr. seaquant! "

" take one step past it and i
will remove you by force
if necessary. "

.

˛
》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 。* 。° 。* 。 • ˚《
˚

It's been almost three weeks since we arrived at the Testing Gate. Our first attempt at opening the gate ended terribly. It hadn't budged at all, even with Kurapika, Leorio, and me pushing it.

That was at the beginning though, and since then, I've come a long way. In the beginning I could barely stand up without almost falling over, but now I can do almost everything in the vest.

It was hard... and when I mean hard, I mean hard. The training was intense. We used heavy equipment every day and almost every minute.

I hadn't realized how weak I truly was until the brutal training started. Sure, I was strong in my arms, but my body itself is small.

My physical journey was the hard part, as mentally I was fully ready. The want to see Killua had pushed me every single time I thought I couldn't do something.

Even without Killua being here, he somehow still, unknowingly, helped me through the whole thing.

That being said, I was proud to be standing where I was right now. Right in front of the gates, on day 20.

Today was the day we'd be opening it. I just knew that.

Kurapika, Leorio, and me stood in front of it with Gon watching from a distance. He wasn't able to do any training because of his broken arm. Of course, I had seen him sneaking around all the time, though. But who was I to stop him?

"Alright," Kurapika said interrupting my thoughts, and telling Leorio and I that it was time to push.

We took a breath before pushing. Using most of my strength and body weight, I pushed like my life depended on it.

We went at it for almost a whole minute, before finally stopping from feeling tired out.

Pushing a door that doesn't budge sure does take a lot out of the body.

"I'm telling you, this is never gonna work. You're just kidding yourselves, you know that," Mr. Seaquant remarked with his arms crossed.

I internally rolled my eyes.

This man has been on all of our cases since the very beginning of training. He seems to still believe that we'll just sometime break and give up.

"Well, if you're so sure, quit watching and go do your job!" Leorio yelled, obviously annoyed as well from Negative Nancy.

"Tsk."

"Gon and Y/N are one of us," Kurapika addressed, still trying to catch his breath. "And they're making it clear that they wish to see their friend. Quite clear. It's only right to help them achieve their goal."