𝟷.𝟶𝟹

.

| CHAPTER THREE |
Unsettling

" trust is for the weak. "

" i've been by myself for as
long as i can remember. "

.

˛
》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 。* 。° 。* 。 • ˚《
˚

- Flashback -

"You can't catch me!" I laugh running through the village filled with people. You could barley even run through without bumping into ten people. Luckily my petite body made it easy to run through.

Suddenly I felt a pull-push me back coming from the back of my neck. A small gasp of air left my throat before coughing in an attempt of regaining that loss of oxygen.

"Hey, that's cheating! You can't use your nen!" I huff and struggle to laugh, before getting pulled up by the neck.

For some reason, his bungee gum seems to be a lot rougher... almost as if it's not his. I try to look back to see what's pulling me but I can't see because it's placed on my neck, causing me to not be able to look.

"H-Hey. This isn't funny anymore!" I exclaim, soon feeling a hand grab my neck instead. It was stern and definitely not my brothers.

Right before I could scream another hand covered my mouth and pulled my small figure into a dark alley. It was closer to the end of the day so it was dark enough for no one to either notice or just not care.

"Shut up!" The person behind me yells as I struggle to scream and kick while attempting to breath just a small amount of air.

It sounded like a man, which made me conclude with a solution. He probably doesn't know what nen is, so when I get the chance to look at him I will use it and then run away. Yes, that's a good plan.

"Here's the girl, now take her to the boss." The man says handing me to another.

This made me wonder what's happening. I know I'm strong and will get out of this somehow... but I'm truly scared. A few single tears stroll down my cheek. I shake my head and rid the water escaping from my eyes. This is no time to cry, I need a plan to escape.

I stop screaming, hoping that he will let go of my mouth. Right, when he did I looked back at the man who was kidnapping me. He was at least in his earlier thirties. For some reason though he also seemed scared, almost petrified. He looked down at me in depressing way that almost indicated his way of telling me he's sorry.

I believed it too. It took me a full second to completely pity him. Until he said one sentence.

"What a waste of a pretty little face."

My brain couldn't function what he had just said right then and there. It was like a flip just switched in my brain.

Right then my eyes fell down and I giggled. That laugh turned into a full on laughing fit. I had to cover my mouth to stop the laughing while another hand was placed on my stomach. At the time, nobody even realized the tears flooding out of my eyes. The man looked down at me with fear. Not just fear. Desperation. It's almost like the roles had just completely switched.