𝟸.𝟷𝟹

.

| CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE |
Return

" being with you just
makes me happy. "

" i like someone! "

.

˛
》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 。* 。° 。* 。 • ˚《
˚

It was now night with everyone standing in the small room. A whiteboard was exhibited in front of us with Wing and Zushi standing side by side. The younger boy always seemed most confident when he was by Wings side.

"Paying attention?" Wing asked, about to start his explanation of nen. I knew of nen already, but clearly hadn't known of the foundations. It's something I knew how to use when I needed to, but not by choice.

Nen shows a sense of power within someone, and that's what I hated most. It changes people.

"Nen, or flame, is a power that fires our souls. In other words, it's the strength of your will. And the four exercises is a training regimen that strengthens your will."

"Strengthens your will?" Gon repeated.

"Training?" Killua went on.

"Exercise?" I ended, not wanting to exercise. It's not that it wasn't easy, I'd just rather sit at home and eat chips.

Wing wrote on the board, "correct. Ten: focus the mind on a single point, reflect on the self, and determine the goal. Zetsu: to put into words. Ren: to intensify your will. Hatsu: to release it into action."

"Ten. Zetsu. Ren. Hatsu."

"The four exercises."

"See," Wing gestured to Zushi, "Zushi tempered his 'refusal to lose' during his battle with you, Killua."

Killua's eyes popped out a bit, probably thinking back to the battle.

"Now allow me to demonstrate," Wing said looking straight at Killua. "For this demonstration, I would like to 'kill' you now. Is that all right?"

"Uh..." I muttered while we all looked at Killua.

"Sure. Why not. But you won't be able to," Killua said cooly.

Wing rose a finger. "Let's do this in order. First, Ten." Wing squat down into an odd position and put his arms out. "I focus my mind on a single point." He looked up with a now stern face. "Zetsu; Express your desired intent. Either mentally or verbally." He closed his eyes then spoke, "I will kill you."

We all watched and waited for what was to come.

A small aura chilled my skin, and I'm guessing everyone else's as well, from the small gasps heard.

He wasn't as good as Hisoka, that's for sure, and he was only using a small amount. A very small amount. He looked up, then boom. Now, he expressed an aura in the room that showered with 'I want to kill you'.

Killua and Gon looked about to be blown away, yet I still stood there, with an expression that shown little surprise.

The more I looked at Wing, the more I wanted to laugh. It was like his face had zoomed in, allowing his wrinkles to truly pop.