𝟸.𝟷𝟻

.

| CHAPTER  THIRTY-SEVEN |
Black Coffee

" nope, he totally likes you. "

" kinda like you kidnap children
then force them to polish your toenails. "

.

˛
》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 。* 。° 。* 。 • ˚《
˚

"You two are such cute siblings!" The woman behind the counter spoke in awe. "What a good big sister you are buying your little brother hot chocolate on this cold night!"

Zushi and I stood on the other side with a blank look.

"Actually, ma'am-" Zushi started, but an idea struck in my head.

"We don't have an allowance to get the drink..." I spoke quietly, then gestured over to Zushi. "My brother here hasn't ate since breakfast."

The woman's heart dropped, a look of pity now expressing her features.

"Such a pity! How about this," she leaned in with a pure smile, "I'll whip you both up a hot chocolate if you promise me you'll take take of him."

I looked up at her with wide eyes before nodding harshly. "Understood!"

She smiled then strut back to the kitchen.

Zushi whispered right when she left, "Y/N! That's not true... why'd you lie?"

I looked over at him then shrugged lightly. "This is the most well known coffee place around. I'm sure they make out well, so why not get a free hot drink?"

His face shown uncertainty.

"Don't worry," I waved off, "I've done this millions of times."

"Huh?"

"I've got your drinks!" The woman sang, walking up and placing the two large cups in front of us. I immediately knew what was inside the cup.

"Thank you!" Zushi and I bowed, grabbing onto the warm object.

"Anytime," she grinned, humming back to the kitchen.

"This doesn't feel right..." Zushi mumbled, "hey, she forgot our straws."

"I'll ask her for some, you can head out," I replied, earning a nod.

As soon as the jingle from the door rang, I turned over to the tip jar, rummaging through my pockets. After managing to pull out the exact coins for the drinks, I stuffed them inside the jar.

I've done this millions of times.

- Timeskip -

While sitting on the cold park bench, sounds of sipping roamed the just silent air.

"Hmm? This is gross!" Zushi spat.

"Yeah, she gave us black coffee," I explained, about to take my first sip.

"Huh? Why?!" He groaned, now glaring at the coffee.