𝟷.𝟸𝟸

.

| CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO |
Promise

" his entire appearance had
changed into another. "

" promise me you
won't leave. "

.

˛
》* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 。* 。° 。* 。 • ˚《
˚

A cold rush of frozen air hit against my skin ever so gently, yet still causing a shiver to run down my spine. My eyes blinked open, blinded by a ceiling light hanging from above.

Looking down, I immediately acknowledge my small body laying on a hospital bed. Around was a small room that looked like a doctors office.

"Ah, good, you're up..." A deep and unfamiliar voice gushed, causing my head to practically slam over into the direction.

"Whoa! Easy there," he smiled.

It was just a normal doctor.

"Ehh!?" I managed to squeak before rushing onto my feet. His eyes shot up, probably from my frantic action.

"Hey, you can't-" He tried to reason, but I quickly pushed past him, heading straight towards the door.

Right as my hand touched the knob, a larger hand caught my shoulder, setting me into place. It was firm and had taken me completely by surprise.

"I can't allow you to do that."

Looking back, the normal looking doctor now held a scary expression spread upon his face.

"Listen up," he says before looking up to me with dangerous eyes, "you're gonna listen to me before leaving. Then, when I'm done, you can go on with your life and do whatever the-"

"Mr. Tola, that'll be enough," an older and raspier voice interrupted sternly.

I looked over, only to surprisingly see the Chairman, Mr. Netero, standing with a smirk in the corner of the room.

"Huh?! When'd you get here?" I asked with complete confusion before shaking my head aggressively, "actually, no! When'd I get here?"

The doctor sighed and took his hand off me, then backing up.

"You fell unconscious." He put simply.

I looked to him, not understanding, before a wave of memories rushed in, reminding me as to what had happened.

"Oh."

"That clown man brought you down here. He wouldn't leave your side like his life depended on it." Dr. Tola explained with a shiver, "man am I glad I have sane friends."

"Oh, he's actually my brother," I shrugged.

The Doctor gasped and looked to me crazily, "Ehh!"

"Alright, well that's enough of this, I'll explain exactly what happened after you fell unconscious," the Chairman said walking over to me and gesturing over to the open hospital bed.

I stared to him with intense eyes.

"Listen, I gotta make sure my friends-" Not even mid sentence, a large overwhelming aura shivered through me.

"Haha, I'll sit down now," I smiled and made my way over to the bed.

Mr. Netero smiled and sat by a chair near me. Clearing his voice, I had already felt impatient.