four.

"Jade, where the hell are you?" Mason yells through the phone.

"Mason! Mind your language."

"Honestly, I could care less. Where are you?"

I groan. He aggravates me so incredibly. I can't find words to even describe it. "I'm at home."

"How did you get home? I know you didn't go with your friend because she just left this morning. I may have been drunk, but I would've remembered taking you home."

"I asked Harry to take me home. He was the only person I was familiar with, besides you and Rena." I exaggerate the truth, but he doesn't need to know that I was at Harry's secret apartment.

I hear Mason breathing heavily on the other end. "I don't know if I like that."

Suddenly, I become angry. Why does he just get to dictate my life based on what he likes? Partner or not, he's not the boss of me. "Why? Because you didn't get to have sex with me last night?" I spit at him, pacing the kitchen.

Serena walks in and waves at me as she enters. She catches wind that I'm having a heated conversation and excuses herself, quietly closing the door to her room. I know she's not really keen on Mason's parties. I know the only reason she hangs out at them for so long is because she's hoping to find her partner there.

She can have mine. I wouldn't miss him.

"Jade, you know that's not why. I thought someone had kidnapped you!" Mason says and I stifle a laugh.

Actually, someone did.

"Baby, I was worried about you." Mason says quietly and I roll my eyes on the other end.

Maybe Harry's right. Do I roll my eyes too much? Wait, why do I care? What does his opinion matter to me? I don't care what he thinks, right?

"You don't have to worry about me, Mason. Are we done here?"

Mason stays silent for a moment before sighing heavily. "I'm sorry I yelled. Don't be mad at me."

"I'm not mad because you yelled at me. You may not remember, but you turned into a bit of a jerk last night when you were drunk."

Mason laughs. "Jerk? Seriously?"

"You know I can't swear. If I could I'd have a thousand other words to describe you." I say honestly. I don't care if he's my partner, he needs to know exactly how I feel about him.

"I know." Mason says and pauses again. "Come to my house. I want to talk to you."

"We're talking right now."

"I don't want to say it over the phone. I want to see you. Be here within the next half hour." Mason says and hangs up before I can reply.

I groan and place my elbows on the countertop, dropping my head in my hands. After a moment, I feel Serena's hand on my back.

"Tough morning?" She asks and I nod, standing up straight.

I hug her and she hugs back tightly. Serena is the only person in this world that I trust. She makes me feel so safe.

As I hug her, I remember what Harry was telling me last night. I pull away and place my hands on her shoulders.

"Do you know your parents, Serena?"

"Of course." She replies quickly then pauses, pursing her lips. "Wait. Um, no. I don't. What are those again?" She says, placing her hands on her hips in thought.

"It feels like something you should know, doesn't it? So, why don't we? Doesn't that seem strange to you?"

She hums in thought. "Not really. I've lived without them for twenty three years. Why start missing them now, right?" She shrugs and exits the kitchen.